Muni Yields Rise 7-10 Basis Points In Sympathy With Sliding Treasuries
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p37
Presents statistics on the financial market in the United States as of August 2001. Market indicators; Prices of US securities; Municipal bond index.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, September 8. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p2
Presents financial statistics related to several bonds and securities deals in the U.S. during the first week of September 2003. Names of issuers and underwriters of various deals; Details of economic indicators for the week; Position of government securities on Friday September 5, 2003.
- Moderate Action, Larger Deals Firm Up Munis. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/2/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33091, p2
The article reports on the performance of the yield in municipal market which shows a firmer state with moderate activity in the secondary market and some of the primary market's last sizeable new issues of the week pricing. However, traders from New York city relate that tax-exempt yields were...
- Munis Firm and Firmer; Yields Near Record Lows. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;1/10/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33645, p2
The article focuses on the condition of the municipal bonds of New York during the first weeks of January 2012. It states that the municipal bonds have rallied in the first week of trading and continued into the second week as yields were at one basis point of record lows. According to Bank of...
- New Insurer Revisits Old Model. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/9/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33413, p1
The article reports the plan of David Stevens, chief executive officer (CEO) of XL Capital Assurance, to launch the Affinity MacroFinance (AMF) in the U.S. The AMF is a mutual finance guaranty insurance firm, which focused on municipal bond insurance. It notes Stevens' optimism regarding the...
- Cracking Mexican wrap culture. Ossa, Felipe // Asset Securitization Report;2/12/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p15
The author offers his insights regarding investment options preferred by Mexican investors. According to the author, Mexican investors would like to put their wealth in government securities rather than in any domestic triple-A corporate or asset-backed securities. The author believes that...
- Market Post: Munis Outperform Treasuries. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;3/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34068, p1
The article informs that the municipal bond market that was outperforming treasuries as a lack of new bonds continues to hold yields at low levels. Topics discussed include fixed income strategic planning, running of municipal market on supply demand than on capital markets, and increase in the...
- WEDNESDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33091, p1
Several charts are presented which show the Wednesday's yield curve of the bond buyer in the municipal primary market, the comparative analysis of the economic indicators, and the total municenter list of the securities offered in the market.
- Muni Yields Hold Despite Flood of Supply. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;7/21/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33553, p2
The article offers updates on the municipal market in the U.S. wherein it stood still despite from rumored shortages of municipal bond supply. According to trader in California, the municipal market is in good shape and a good sign to trade with municipal bonds despite in a weak Treasury market....