California Budget in Sight
- Oregon Gov. Wants to Reverse Tax Cut, Hike `Sin' Taxes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p34
Reports on the plan of Oregon governor John Kitzhaber to reverse tax cut and increase tax on beer, wine and cigarettes in order to close an $830 billion deficit in the state's biennial budget. Reaction of lawmakers of the Republican Party on the issue; Estimations for the amount which will be...
- Oregon Voters Turn Down Legislature-Approved Tax Increases. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p36
Reports that Oregon voters had rejected tax increases that were approved by Legislature. Approval of tax hikes; Budget cuts; Rate of general obligations.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p39
Reports developments related to bonds in the Southwestern States as of May 2002. Efforts of lawmakers in managing a million budget deficit; Proposal for a tax increase in Colorado; Role of Carole Keeton Rylander in the auditing on the performance of Houston Community College System.
- Indianapolis Approves Budget, Pension Bond Sale. Carvltn, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p4
The article focuses on the Indianapolis budget. The Indianapolis/Marion City-Council this week approved an $80 million fiscal 2005 budget that relies in part on the city's first sale of pension bondsï¿½ a $100 million sale that will help offset losses in revenues due in part to tax...
- Oregon Tax Initiative Could Help the Rich, But Hurt the State. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;07/26/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30940, p3
Reports the impact of a tax reduction legislation on the state budget of Oregon. Estimation of the proposed tax reduction; Details on the state's ability to issue bonds; Sources of revenue for the state; Opponents of the legislation; List of states allowing federal income tax deduction.
- Federal deficits now equal tax increases in the future. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p30
Focuses on the factors influencing the increase of the tax deficits of the American government. Rise on the number of government bonds; Level of public spending; Expansion of various medical programs.
- Minnesota Budget Includes Tax Cut, $504 Million Bond Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p32
Reports on Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's unveiling of a 27.3 billion dollar budget for fiscal year 2002-2003. Return of the bulk of a projected three-billion-dollar surplus to taxpayers through various tax relief measures; Details of Ventura's tax reform proposal; Plans for a 504-million...
- Delaware's Rosier Revenue Forecast Lifts FY '07 Borrowing Cap to $165M. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32406, p7
The article reports that the Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council has revised its budget estimates for fiscal years 2006 through 2008. The budget revision has been confirmed by Stephanie Scola, the state's director of bond finance. The author has also cited the largest revision was...
- R.I. Governor Pushes Small Tax Hikes, Program Cuts in $2.9B Plan. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p3
Reports that Rhode Island Governor Donald Carcieri has launched a fiscal budget that seeks to close a deficit through a small tax increases and program cuts while avoiding an increase in either income or property taxes. Amount of tobacco bonds issued in 2002; Proposal to increase cigarette...