ALL DAY, EVERY DAY: CULINARY TRAINING
- TOP CHEFS MENTOR INDIGENOUS CHEFS. // Australian Hotelier;Nov2012 Pub Dining, p5
The article reports that chef from Sydney, New South Wales' top restaurants have united to create the new National Indigenous Culinary Institute (NICI) which trains indigenous chefs.
- Guest chefs programs boost business. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p43
Reports on the advantages for food service operators of having guest chefs spruce up a facility's daily offerings. Customer satisfaction; Informal culinary training session for foodservice employees; Ways of bringing chefs into your operation; Expenses; Advance preparations. INSET: Seven tips...
- Soul Food. Chambliss, Jamie Vacca // Atlanta;Oct2001, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p28
Profiles Michael Elloie, a graduate of Atlanta Collaborative Kitchen (TACK), a culinary training program. Skills in cooking and culinary procedures; Efforts in recovering from substance and alcohol abuse for the continuation of career; progress in career and attitudes in life.
- First pilot chef flys to Navy kitchens. // Hotel & Motel Management;6/17/96, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p15
Reports that Richard Kidd, petty officer in the United States Navy, is the first graduate of Radisson Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana's chef training program.
- THOUGHT FOR TODAY. Brand, Jerry // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/31/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4779, p47
The article focuses on the importance of including business finance or food cost in chef training courses.
- Hyatt Dorado Beach chef selected to practice in Spain. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;8/31/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p45
Reports on the selection of Hyatt Dorado Beach hotel executive chef Jose Shamil to train for a month with renowned chefs El Bulli restaurant in Costa Brava, Spain. Reasons for the selection of Shamil; Career experience; Concept of cooking workshop.
- FOR TRAINER TRAINING: Greystone hosts Sodexho. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the 2002 Culinary Foundations train-the-trainer training program of Sodexho which was held at the Culinary Institute of America Greystone in Napa County, California. Reason for scheduling a second session in May 2002; List of some vendor partners who helped organize the event; Factor...
- INSPIRING YOUNG CHEFS. // Restaurant & Catering News;Sep2014, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on the government initiative which aims to train high school seniors to become chefs with the Auckland West Vocational Academies in New Zealand.
- Telford firm backs chefs of tomorrow. FORTUNE, AIDAN // Meat Trades Journal;9/11/2015, p34
The article reports that butcher GN Badley & Sons is helping the trainee chefs at the National Hospitality School by supplying mincemeat, joints, and steaks.