ALL DAY, EVERY DAY: CULINARY TRAINING
- TOP CHEFS MENTOR INDIGENOUS CHEFS. // Australian Hotelier;Nov2012 Pub Dining, p5
The article reports that chef from Sydney, New South Wales' top restaurants have united to create the new National Indigenous Culinary Institute (NICI) which trains indigenous chefs.
- Guest chefs programs boost business. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p43
Reports on the advantages for food service operators of having guest chefs spruce up a facility's daily offerings. Customer satisfaction; Informal culinary training session for foodservice employees; Ways of bringing chefs into your operation; Expenses; Advance preparations. INSET: Seven tips...
- Soul Food. Chambliss, Jamie Vacca // Atlanta;Oct2001, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p28
Profiles Michael Elloie, a graduate of Atlanta Collaborative Kitchen (TACK), a culinary training program. Skills in cooking and culinary procedures; Efforts in recovering from substance and alcohol abuse for the continuation of career; progress in career and attitudes in life.
- First pilot chef flys to Navy kitchens. // Hotel & Motel Management;6/17/96, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p15
Reports that Richard Kidd, petty officer in the United States Navy, is the first graduate of Radisson Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana's chef training program.
- THOUGHT FOR TODAY. Brand, Jerry // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/31/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4779, p47
The article focuses on the importance of including business finance or food cost in chef training courses.
- BUILDING CULINARY FOUNDATIONS: Sodexho trainer training adds client participation. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p34
Reports on the introduction of client participation in the Culinary Foundations training program of Sodexho as of December 15, 2002. Benefits from the program; Topics covered and basic skills taught in the program; Comments of participants on the program.
- Oliver's training restaurant opens. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/14/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4248, p5
Reports on the launch of London-England-based Fifteen, a restaurant which aims to train unemployed and disadvantages youngster as chefs. Operation of the restaurant.
- Hyatt Dorado Beach chef selected to practice in Spain. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;8/31/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p45
Reports on the selection of Hyatt Dorado Beach hotel executive chef Jose Shamil to train for a month with renowned chefs El Bulli restaurant in Costa Brava, Spain. Reasons for the selection of Shamil; Career experience; Concept of cooking workshop.
- Site seeing. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/20/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, ONSITE RESTAURANT p24
Features the chef training program of food management firm Sodexho in Maryland. Reference to the Clients Having Epicurean Fun program; Overview of the program; Plan to hold the event semianually.