SAFETY, SANITATION AND SMARTS: SLICER SAVVY
- EQUIPMENT SHOPPER. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p69
Provides information on food service and kitchen equipment. Capabilities of the Bizerba SE12D Slicer from Univex; Features of the Simpli-Flex Ice Cream Cone Dispenser from Tomlinson's Modular Dispensing Systems; Shapes and sizes of stainless-steel Pasta Cookers from Pronto Products; Advantages...
- kitchen notes. Wilson, Sally // Australian Table;Nov2005, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p136
Evaluates several vegetable peelers that can make food preparation easier. Solingen Peelstar Vegetable Peeler; OXO i-Series Swivel Peeler; Eterna Swivel Peeler; Zyliss Swivel Peeler.
- Whippers. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/10/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4399, p70
Evaluates cream whippers. Kisag cream whipper; Kayser Gastronomie whipped cream dispenser; ISI Gourmet cream whipper; ISI Thermo cream whipper.
- editors' choice. // Belle;Sep2004, p36
Recommends several cutlery collections. Talisman dinner fork by Christofle; Jasper Conran at Wedgwood cutlery collection; Centenary cutlery collection by Jean Nouvel for Georg Jensen Living.
- TOP TEN. // Belle;Apr/May2007, p155
The article features several kitchen products including the Jean Nouvel cutlery from Georg Jensen Living, Alessi 9090 Magnum espresso maker from RG Madden, and Marimekko tea towel from Design Mode International.
- Cutting Edges. Wilson, Amy // Money;Oct2003, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p153
Sharp tips for buying cooking knives. Countless options are out there, ranging from $12 to $150 for a single type of blade. But a high-quality knife will improve your cooking experience and, if properly maintained, can last 20 years or more. Start with three essential blades: an eight-or 10-inch...
- Get a handle on things. O'Brien, Tom // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, Special section p12
The article offers tips in buying the right knife. One of the biggest mistakes is using a knife for purposes beyond its original design. Since knives are in nearly constant use, quality and comfort should be the two main concerns. While frequent use of a sharpening stone and steel is important,...
- No-mess avocado. // Prevention;May2005, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p94
Offers information on the Progressive Avocado Slicer, which cuts and scoops out avocado meat. How the tool works; How the slicer eliminates the mess of using a knife and spoon; Where the slicer can be purchased.
- CHEESE, PLEASE. // Better Homes & Gardens;Oct2004, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p235
Presents several cheese cutters in the U.S. Price of the Cheese Slicer Set; Design of the Cheese Knives and Stand Set; Contact information.