MAKING WAY FOR ALL-NATURAL, GOURMET FARE: DELIS GO UPSCALE
- Salad, prime sandwiches stem fast-food woes. Macarthur, Kate // Advertising Age;6/28/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 26, pS14
Discusses the contribution of salads and prime sandwiches in attracting consumers to traditional fast food restaurants in the U.S. Percentage of traffic increase in fast food chains during the year ended April 2004; Motivation of fast-food chains for including premium sandwiches on their menus;...
- A Kick to Fast Food's Buns. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;Aug2011, Vol. 110 Issue 8, pM1
The article reports on the improvement of sandwiches at several quick-service chains in the U.S. The Dave's Hot 'n Juicy cheeseburger from Wendy's is to be served on a toasted, buttered bun. McDonald's premium chicken sandwich is served in toasted, bakery-style roll. Jumbo bakery buns are used...
- WHOLE IN ONE. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;2/1/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p63
Focuses on styles of serving sandwiches in various U.S. fast food restaurants. Toppings in Cuban-sandwiches and marinated grilled chicken cutlets served at the Press 195 restaurant; Difference in style of serving sandwiches at the Bintliff's restaurant; Toppings used in the most popular...
- Souped up sandwiches. JENNINGS, LISA // Nation's Restaurant News;11/21/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p5
The article focuses on the growth in the sandwich chain industry in the U.S. There are 14-unit based in New York, and the growing, four-unit Mendocino Farms in Los Angeles, California. The challenge for sandwich chain is running a labor-intensive operation and serving top-quality ingredients...
- Fast-food chains warm up to new `wrap' sandwiches. McDowell, Bill // Advertising Age;10/28/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 44, p55
Discusses the popularity of wrap sandwiches among fast-food restaurants. New sandwiches from Taco Bell; What a wrap sandwich is made with; Where the idea of wrap sandwiches came from.
- Anatomy of a sandwich. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;04/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p64
Presents various recipes for sandwiches at several foodservice outlets in the United States. Includes the preparation and basic components of wrap and club sandwiches of Champps Americana; Ham-and-cheese sandwich of Lindey's; Chicken sandwich of Anzu.
- City Barbecue smoked meats upgrade IUPUI dining options. Harry, Lou // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/9/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p34
The article offers brief information on sandwiches from fast-food pizza chain City Barbecue.
- Room to Grow. Robinson, Jim // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jul2003, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p94
Reports on the performance of quick-service restaurant industry in Canada for the 1st quarter of 2003. Decline in the frequency of visits of customers loyal to quick-service restaurants; Entry of main-dish salads; Need to consider improvements in packaging.
- Fast feeders seek to raise bar, toss around salad ideas. Lohmeyer, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;4/21/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the launching of several salads onto the menus of fast food restaurants in the U.S. Improvement in the perceptions about health foods; Promotion of the Jack's Ultimate Salads of Jack in the Box restaurant; Target market.