Easy on the labor
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center rolls out preplated meals hospitalwide. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p16
Reports that the food production center at Columbia Presbyterian medical Center has switched from shipping foods in bulk to preplating patient's meals to save on labor and food costs. Food savings from decreased waste; Preparation of meals five meals in advance of service; Result of tests on the...
- Weekly menu plan helps keep labor dollars down. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the advantages of the weekly menu system introduced at the Integris Southwest Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Features of the system; Information included in description of menu items and substitutions; Considerations in implementing the new system.
- NEW ITEMS BECOME PERMANENT: UCLA Med. adds promos. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the operational status of Cafe Med, the food service sector of UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California as of February 15, 2003. Increase in sales at the facility; Factors which contribute to the success of the cafe; Menu offerings.
- With 5th brand: Tenn. med. center expands foodcourt. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports that Columbia Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee has added Medtown Grill as the fifth branded concept to its all-branded foodcourt. Foodcourt fare; Facility's reintroduction of a employee discount program.
- With brands, snack carts at children's hosp.: Luring youngsters to cafeteria. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p66
Reports on the efforts of the Nutrition Services Department of the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C., to combat boredom by creating interesting ways to attract young patients into the cafeteria. Seating capacity; Opening hours of the cafeteria; Features of the menu;...
- Burlington Med. Ctr. eyes an HMR station. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Features the foodcourt of Burlington Medical Center in Burlington, Iowa. Lobby coffee cart that switches to take-home-meals at night; Aim to balance production at lunchtime in the cafeteria; Completion of the foodcourt by early 2000; Menu items and prices.
- California hospital shifts tray-service. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p28
Informs that the Los Robles Regional Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California, has shifted tray-passing from nursing to foodservice staff. Immediate benefits of tray-passing; Training program for all foodservice tray-passers.
- At Bay State: Brands boost hosp. biz 27%. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the increase in food sales at Bay State Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts, following the installation of branded concepts and products. Comments from Peter Savanko, director of food and nutrition; Sales prior to the installation of the branded concepts and products.
- AND ADDS MEAT TO MENUS: Florida Hospital adjusts to growth in network. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p42
Reports on the plan to offer meat to patients at Florida Hospital Medical Center in Orlando, which is owned by Adventist Health System. Kitchen equipment considered by the hospital administration; Why the administration will serve meat throughout the retail operations of all seven locations;...