VIEWPOINT: THINK 'INCLUSION'
- CHILDREN ARE THE HOPE FOR SOUTH AFRICA. Thuermer, Kitty // Independent School;Summer2003, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p66
Reports the findings of the delegates of the Delegation for Diversity to South Africa. Idea behind the delegation's creation; Impact of the trip to the delegates; Description of the state of education in South Africa.
- NAMIC Extends Deadline. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the decision of the U.S. National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications to extend its minority employment survey to mid-December 2004. Objective of the survey; Reason behind the decision; Partial results of the survey.
- Convicted felon turned high-end chef addresses MFHA attendees. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;8/21/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p14
The article reports on the statement of Gerry Fernandez, founder of the Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance on the business performance of the restaurant industry in the U.S. According to him, the food sector's effort to improve diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the business...
- GERRY FERNANDEZ. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;1/27/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p30
The article profiles Gerry Fernandez, founder and president of Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance, and discusses his efforts in advocating for diversity and inclusion in the foodservice industry.
- Valuing Cultural Diversity in I.E.H.A. // Executive Housekeeping Today;May2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p26
Cites the efforts of the International Executive Housekeepers Association in endeavoring to provide an environment of enhanced awareness, understanding, and appreciation of its members. Recognition of the organization's increasing multicultural membership and work-force; Concern over the impact...
- Diversity. // CableFAX Daily;10/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 191, p1
Reports on the first diversity luncheon held by the National Association of Minorities in Cable. Highlights of the event.
- Beyond Political Correctness. Chandler, Linda C. // Association Management;Jan2005, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p29
This article reports that "Building the Business Case for Multiculturalism," a study completed in 2003 by Meeting Professionals International, found that in the U.S., people tend to identity their culture by race while in Europe and Canada, people more readily identify themselves by nationality....
- Cable Lags In Diversity: Survey. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
This article focuses on the cable industry. The cable industry will put its best foot forward regarding diversity efforts but a new industry-based survey indicates cable still lags other industries in hiring and promoting people of color. Multichannel News obtained early results from the survey,...
- News Notes. // Multicultural Review;Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p5
This article presents news briefs related to multiculturalism. The American Muslim Council (AMC) has published a free booklet that introduces Islam and the American Muslim community to other Americans in the hope of increasing understanding of this faith-based group. The attractive full-color...