EMPLOYEE RELATIONS: When discipline is necessary
- Chapter 18: Disciplining staff. // Managing & Employing People Pocketbook;7/1/2004, p203
Chapter 18 of the book "Managing & Employing People" is presented. It discusses the proper disciplinary action to be imposed upon problematic staff members. It suggests that to be effective, any disciplinary procedure should be seen fair, reasonable, consistent and easy to understand. It also...
- Choose Your Words Wisely. Christensen, Stephanie Taylor // Managing People at Work;Sep2012, Issue 366, p1
The article offers advice for managers on how to discipline a good and valuable employee when they made mistakes. Managers must apply the key three phrases, such as I feel, Tell me about X and I'm on your side, when handling disciplinary issues with employees in order no to lose them. Also,...
- Employers' guide to the disciplinary process. Knowsley, Alan // NZ Business;Apr2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
Presents a guide for employers in undertaking the disciplinary process. Factors to be considered in dealing with employee behavior; Contents of a notice for a disciplinary meeting; Process involved in investigating allegations against an employee.
- Dealing with Rule Breakers. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Design & Production;Jan2005, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p10
Presents guidelines for employee disciplinary methods. Significance of an effective disciplinary system; Establishment of facts; Selection of appropriate disciplinary action.
- How To Make Sloppy Employees Tow The Line. // RN;Feb2005, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p20nm2
Offers advice on how a nursing administrator can address the sloppy attitude of a nurse. Citation of the employer's progressive discipline policy and start counseling the nurse as directed; Following the standard procedure in giving verbal warnings, written warning, a suspension and eventual...
- THE ART OF EMPLOYEE DISICPLINE. McCabe, Hugh A. // San Diego Business Journal;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p3
Explains how employers can develop a consistent, flexible discipline policy for their unique workforce in order to avoid employment-based lawsuits. Creation of a flexible discipline policy; Knowing one's workforce; Flexibility; Consistent application; Documentation; Implementation of discipline;...
- Q&A. // Manager's Legal Bulletin;1/15/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
The article provides answer to a question of the kind of documentation to prepare before disciplining an employee.
- Discipline Without Punishment. Grote, Dick // Across the Board;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p52
Describes the discipline without punishment approach in dealing with employee performance problems. Results of the approach to companies; How the method works; Benefits of using a paid disciplinary suspension.
- CHAPTER 7: Let's Talk: Specific Counseling Sessions. Stone, Florence M. // Coaching, Counseling & Mentoring;2007, p113
Chapter 7 of the book "Coaching, Counseling and Mentoring" is presented. It exemplifies how managers can develop realistic and effective action plan with problem employees through counseling or disciplinary actions. Strategies cited include reminding employees of the implications of violating...