MILKPEP RALLY: Flavors, flavored straws allow operators to milk sales
- PACKAGING OUTLOOK. Phillips, David // Dairy Foods;Jun2007, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses the importance of packaging in marketing dairy products such as milk. Accordingly, paper, plastic, gabletops, gallon plastic jug, and plastic-like polymers are among the materials used in packaging all kinds of milk, despite their advantages and disadvantages. Glass is also...
- Dairy co-op gives cheese a fair crack of the zip. // Food Manufacture;Jan2009, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the plan of First Milk to move its The Lake District Cheese Co. and Mull of Kintyre brands into zip reclosable packaging in Great Britain. Sales and marketing director Richard Hollingdale believes that packaging is becoming increasingly important as shoppers look for more...
- World In Brief. // Dairy Industries International;Jan2010, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p10
The article offers world news briefs in dairy products industry including the supply of an eleventh packaging line by Germany-based Oystar Gasti to Almarai, the bid by Canadian company Saputo, and the sale of 51% of Parmalat Centromerica SA to Productos Lacteos Centroamericanos SA.
- Got milk?TM An a hundred ways! Falkman, Mary Ann // Packaging Digest;Dec2005, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p12
The article presents the author's opinions regarding a survey related to milk's health benefits and its packaging, which was conducted in the U.S. The survey was conducted by Dairy Management Inc. and the magazine "Dairy Foods." According to one of the survey respondents, dairy companies should...
- Light at end of tunnel as organic sales set to rise following dip. // Dairy Industries International;Mar2003, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the reduction in the sale of milk from organic sources in Germany for the year 2002. Trends in the sale of milk; Factors influencing the sale of dairy products; Implications for the dairy industry.
- Supermarket milk on top in Netherlands. // Dairy Industries International;Jan2010, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p7
The article reports that 70% of drinking milk sold in Netherlands is marketed under private labels.
- Rites of passage. O'Brien, Kieran // Dairy Industries International;Feb2000, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on the dairy industry in Saudi Arabia. Consumption of milk in the country throughout the 1990s; Discussion on the increased level of competition in the supply of milk; Why the standard price-points of short milk are coming under pressure.
- The upside of downside. Christiansen, Suzanne // Dairy Industries International;Aug2009, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the expansion of the dairy industry in Great Britain, another one on Chinese milk scandal, and about the suppliers of the dairy industry.
- Dairy product demand picture mixed. // Wallaces Farmer;May2012, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p49
The article reports that beverage milk sale has declined 1.1% in 2010, but butter and cheese sales are encouraging.