NEW DESSERTS WIN RAVES IN NYC
- HOT DESSERT EASES WINTER WOES. // FoodService Director;4/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports that the food service team at Conde Nast has increased sales during the winter months by implementing a Hot Dessert To Go station in the cafeteria. Comments from Delana Barry of Restaurant Associates, which operates the employee cafeteria; Variety of desserts offered at the station;...
- The Origin of the Sundae. // Beverage World;9/15/2006, Vol. 125 Issue 9, p130
The article presents a news clipping on the origins of the sundae reported in the September 1906 issue of the National Bottlers' Gazette Article. A druggist in New Orleans, Louisiana whose soda fountain was a popular resort found himself on Sunday without supply of tanks. He was not in a...
- Definitions of Frozen Dessert Products. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/12/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p23
The article presents several definitions of frozen dessert products that are often unknown to or misunderstood by many consumers. Dairy ingredients such as milk and nonfat milk comprise ice cream. The milk fat content of sherbets is between one and two percent. Gelato can be distinguished from...
- Just Desserts. Platzman, Andrea // Men's Fitness;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p28
The article rates different frozen desserts based on the calories, proteins, carbohydrates, and fat they contain. The frozen desserts include whole fruit bar, drumstick, ice cream sandwich, creamsicle, fudgesicle, chipwich, and rocket pop.
- CROP OF THE CREAMS. Hallett, Vicky; Silver, Marc // U.S. News & World Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p62
Compares three types of ice cream. Description of Cold Stone Creamery Black Cherry, Turkey Hill Creamy Commotions, and Edy's Grand Light Slow Churned; Comments on taste.
- ICE CREAM OR GELATO? // Bon Appetit;Aug2007, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p30
The article discusses the difference between ice cream and gelato, Italy's version of ice cream. The technical differences between ice cream and gelato come down at the amount of fat and air, where ice cream contains at least 10% butterfat and is aerated by revolving blades that add 10-25%...
- SCOOP OF THE SEASON. Porcelli, Lesley // Gourmet;Dec2005, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p53
Focuses on the remarkable taste of Ciao Bella Gelato's Peppermint Stick. Achievement of a new level of silkiness by the old-fashioned flavor; Availability of the product at Whole Foods; Melting of the crumbled red and green peppermint candy at first crunch.
- Ice-cream treat. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);11/16/2009, Vol. 61 Issue 46, p72
Several recipes for frozen desserts including Caramel fudge & banana sundaes, baked Alaska and Ice-cream choc-tops are presented.
- The Scoop on Ice Cream. // USA Today Magazine;May91, Vol. 119 Issue 2552, p7
Details the nutrition contents of frozen dairy desserts that can be used as alternative to ice cream. Nonfat ice cream; Frozen yogurt; Light ice cream; Super premium ice cream.