PLUS SMOOTHIES, BUBBLE TEA: Java City thrives at U-Illinois
- Dawn Aubrey: Lighting a Fire for Change. King, Paul // FoodService Director;11/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p26
The article profiles Dawn Aubrey, associate director of Housing for Dining Services at the University of Illinois. It provides an overview of Aubrey's family background, working experiences and challenges in the foodservice industry. It also emphasizes the role of Aubrey at dining services in...
- Expanded selection, bigger bottles, new blends boost sales: Beverage-splash. Blake, Kathy // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p214
Reports on the increase in vended beverage sales in universities in the United States. Significance to sales of improved machines, expanded choices and increased support from major manufacturers; Profitability of hot beverages; Gourmet blend offerings; Upsurge in juice sales; Students';...
- New Tastes. Dorich, Alan // Food & Drink;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p114
The article focuses on the decision of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Convenience Stores to add hot soups and fresh salads to its product offerings. An overview of the business operations of UIC is provided, including the components of its staff and its products. The views of Carol...
- UWM Restaurant Operations to participate in composting program. Brooke, Zachary // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);2/7/2011, p1
The article presents information on the plans of University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Restaurant Operations to participate in a composting program following an agreement for collection and pickup brokered by the Act Everywhere student group.
- Dining Service Overhaul. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p28
The article announces that the Housing and Food Services department of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan has reorganized and rebranded itself as Culinary Services. The department has been renamed to Residential and Hospitality Services and is tasked to oversee all campus dining...
- Denny's University established to train franchisees, managers. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/16/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p25
The article reports on the ribbon cutting conducted by Denny's for its Denny's University in Spartanburg, South Carolina. The university will offer training course related to foodservice, including customer service, leadership and financial literacy. In addition, the university will play...
- The THIRD Place. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p22
A review is offered for KU Dining restaurant located at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas.
- Canteen, University of Westminster. Ingham, Francis // PRWeek (London);1/11/2013, p32
A review is offered for the canteen located at the University of Westminster in Harrow, England.
- New Campus Restaurant. // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
A review is offered for the Epicurean & Co. campus restaurant, located in Washington, D.C.