WITH DINING HALL CONSOLIDATION: Purdue Univ. gears up for fall grand opening
- Purdue marches on. // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the success of the Fred and Mary Ford Dining Court at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. Percentage of increase in the customers at the dining court; Reasons behind the success of the Court, according to food service director Sarah Johnson; Plan of Purdue University...
- Free Advice is Yours to Take. Pond, James // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
The author reflects on the importance of sharing ideas on how to improve food service in order to provide customers with a better dining experience. Commercial operators and hospital food service differ in terms of facilitating interaction between unit managers. He emphasizes the significance of...
- Listen Up. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p24
The article offers a look at how Shawn LaPean, director of Cal Dining at the University of California in Berkeley, saved the dining business during its lowest time. LaPean notes that in doing his business, he does not feed people, but he serves them. He applied work, flexibility and an...
- 42% plan to exit field in 5 years. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p60
Reports the increasing number of resignations from college foodservice directors in the United States. Number of directors that plan to exit the field entirely; Issues that contribute to these resignations.
- The age wave. Lipowski, Melissa // Food Management;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p34
Addresses issues related to the increasing number of retirements in school foodservice in the United States. Shortage of foodservice directors by 2000; Contributing factors; Concerns about possible sources of qualified personnel; Reason for early retirement by some food service directors;...
- Labor: Costs up 7.5% as fsds strive to retain staff. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the performance of self-operating foodservice in colleges in the United States as of 1999. Labor costs; How colleges address the problem of labor shortage; Student employees employed by the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Incentive programs; Wage.
- `Dining Dollars' at Purdue Univ. spike new gains. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p66
Relates on the success of Purdue University's in marketing its board-plan meal. Increased number of students opting for the higher meal plan; Features of the university's Dining Dollars program.
- Balancing Acts. // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p10
Presents the views of several U.S. foodservice university operators on the top business concerns for the 2004-2005 academic year. Top concern of Ted Mayer, executive director of dining services from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts; Major issue in terms of food according to C....
- Ted Mayer. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p37
The article profiles Ted Mayer, executive director of Harvard University Dining Services in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Mayer is a recipient of International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's 2006 Silver Plate Award for introducing highly efficient systems, contemporary menus, and an...