BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES
- TO BOOST `SPECIAL SALES': SC schools serving branded chicken. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p5
Reports that Greenville City School District in South Carolina created its own branded chicken filet sandwich to increase high school Special Sales revenues. Ingredients of the CluxDelux chicken filet sandwich; Features of the CluxDelux Meal Deal; Details on the success of the CluxDelux.
- Economically Innovative. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;11/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p18
The article highlights the contributions of nutrition services director Sue Bettenhausen in developing the foodservice program at Scottsdale Unified School District in Arizona. In addition to the physical changes, Bettenhausen made a time change. Now between 40 and 50 students at a time are...
- IN WAKE OF $4.5-MIL. JUDGMENT: School district switches to precooked beef for liability. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Explains why the Finley School District in Kennewick, Washington buys precooked meal following a food poisoning incident. Comments about product liability; Background of the food poisoning incident; Impact of the incident to the food service program of the school district.
- COOK-CHILL CENTER: Davis Cty. schools eye food cost reduction. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p56
Focuses on the changes brought by a cook-chill central production facility to Davis County School District in Farmington, Utah. Cost of the facility; Features of the facility; Annual operating budget of the district for food service; Number of schools in the district.
- IN CARNEGIE, PA: CAPACITY KEEPS F/S JOBS. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the food service operation at the Carlynton School District in Carnegie, Pennsylvania for three non-district schools. Purpose of the operation; Components of the district; Number of students fed at the district.
- IN BETHLEHEM, PA: Broader menu, snacks help schools build sales, participation. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p36
Focuses on the increase in menu selections in the Bethlehem Area School District in Pennsylvania which strengthened food service sales and customer participation. Daily entrees available to students; Availability of snack stations in the secondary school cafeterias; Role of on-site food...
- IN LAS VEGAS, FOOD'S PREPPED, CHILLED AND REHEATED: H. SCHOOLS DISH UP ELEM. MEALS. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the food service program at Cark City School District in Las Vegas, Nevada. Benefits of the Dish Up program; How the meals are prepared.
- PART OF LONG-TERM PLAN: Fla. school co-op adds 6 dists. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports that several North Central Florida school districts have joined a food purchasing cooperative created by the food service departments of Alachua and Putnam County school districts. Why the districts join the cooperative; Activities of the cooperative.
- FOR 22,000 SCHOOL LUNCHES: Central kitchen doubles capacity in Santa Ana. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Reports that the Santa Ana School District in Orange County, California, opened a central kitchen in January 2000 to double its production space. Value of the project; Challenges met during the construction of the central kitchen; Remarks from its food service director, Carol Godfrey.