Falling on His Sword
- Rebuilding public confidence in auditors and... Rabinowitz, Allan M. // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the effects of scandal, unauthorized securities trading and falsified financial reporting on organizational controls and auditors. Examples of activity which were conducted to counteract crisis; Auditor-management interaction; Challenges in understanding the organization; How...
- Why a sound relationship with your auditor is crucial. Gotham, Peter // Third Sector;7/6/2010, Issue 622, p19
The author discusses the importance establishing good relationship between a voluntary organization and its auditor.
- New Board of Environmental Auditor Certifications (BEAC)... // CPA Journal;Oct97, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p9
Reports that the Environmental Auditing Roundtable (EAR) and The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) have created the Board of Environmental Auditor Certifications (BEAC), an independent nonprofit organization. Information on BEAC 14000 PLUSJ certification; Guidelines for BEAC 14000 PLUSJ...
- CFA Education. // Secured Lender;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on the Advanced Field Examiner School, a program for field examination managers and senior examiners in lending institutions sponsored by the Commercial Finance Association, to be held on December 1-3, 2004 in Chicago, Illinois. Significance of the program; Topics to be...
- Members for merger. // Accountancy;Jun72, Vol. 83 Issue 946, p7
Discusses the approval of the proposed merger of the Faculty of Accountants and Auditors and the British Association of Accountants and Auditors by the members of the groups. Effects of the merger; Status of integration in the profession.
- Cyprus. Koumeras, Ioannis // Internal Auditor;Aug2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p17
Provides information on internal auditing in Cyprus. History of internal auditing in Cyprus; Details on the local chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors; Goals of internal auditors in Cyprus.
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;6/3/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the designation of John Sunderland as president of the Confederation of British Industry in June 2004 in Great Britain. Positions held in various companies.
- A gap by any other name. Luscombe, Nelson // CA Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p3
Presents the findings of a research study on the auditor's role in a company conducted by Earnscliffe Research and Communications group for the Auditing Standards Board in Canada. Issues concerning the integrity of auditors raised by investors, regulators and the media; Communication gap between...
- Expanding the auditors' role to narrow the expectations gap. Giacomino, Don E. // Business Forum;Summer/Fall94, Vol. 19 Issue 3/4, p31
Analyzes the events that have widened the expectations gap, which refers to the difference between how auditors perceive their role and how financial report users perceive it. Efforts of the accounting profession and federal government to narrow the gap; Recommendations of the National...