No Airport for You
- Hailing a cab. Levin, Baron R. // Business Mexico;Apr1999, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p34
Highlights the growth of the air-taxi industry in Mexico. Number of airport taxi operators at the Toluca airport; Predictions on the continued growth of the industry; Barriers to the industry's growth; Rates of the service.
- "Open Skies" Policy. Hiroshi, Okabe // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on the proposal of the Asian Gateway Strategy Council to establish an open skies policy that will govern airlines in Japan. The proposal will allow airlines using Kansai International Airport (KIX) and Central Japan International Airport (Centrair) to increase their flights...
- Gary airport wants piece of Skyway. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;4/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p1
The airport in Gary, Indiana, is maneuvering to buy rights to one of the city of Chicago's most prominent landmarks, the Chicago Skyway. The Gary/Chicago International Airport Authority has joined with an Australian toll road operator, a Canadian pension fund and a Wall Street financial giant in...
- Flight Report: Best and Worst Airports. Wing Sze Tang // Travel & Leisure;Dec2007, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p47
The article focuses on best and worst airlines and airports. According to the article, one in four flights landed at least 15 minutes late in the first eight months of 2007. Doug Church of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association explains that overscheduling of busy airports is the...
- Waterloo International should go domestic, says Arup report. // Modern Railways;Nov2005, Vol. 62 Issue 686, p7
Reports on the potential retention of Waterloo International Terminal for rail services in the South Western areas in Ontario in 2007. Potential uses for the airport; Transfer of Eurostar services to St. Pancras.
- The Newark Airport. // Monkeyshines on America;Feb2002 New Jersey Issue, p22
The Newark Airport provides a major transportation center for the state of New Jersey. The airport has been in operation since July 29, 1953. Since its opening, the airport has serviced more than 12,000 passengers a day. The airport has stimulated the local economy so much that Newark was pulled...
- Visitor Support Services: The Backbone of the Travel Industry. Bonham, Nicole A. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on efforts of Ketchikan, Alaska to improve the travel sector. Expansion programs in the city and cruise ship industry; Dock expansion supplements improvements; Streamlining the process of transferring passengers from the airport to town; Crossing-guard system; Security Aviation conveniences.
- Soon everyone may be flying own planes. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/16/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p13
Focuses on plans to develop the Small Aircraft Transportation System in Indiana. Implications for the air transportation industry; Role in developing and improving airports in various cities of Indiana.
- Rent Party. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/19/2007, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p46
The article reports on the public awareness campaign launched by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority (GTAA) which asks passengers to support the efforts of several airlines as well as business and community groups in seeking a fair rent deal from the Toronto Pearson International Airport in...