Bank One Purchase Gives J.P. Morgan a Shot at Being No. 3 Among Trustees
- Sources: J.P. Morgan to Buy Bank One Unit. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p1
Focuses on the plans of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. to acquire Bank One Corp.'s corporate trust unit. Hiring of Sachs & Co. by Bank One Corp. to arrange the sale; Benefits to be gained by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. from the acquisition.
- Rivals wait for slip-ups. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;1/19/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p24
Chicago, Illinois is one of the nation's most competitive and fragmented consumer banking markets. Now that J. P. Morgan Chase & Co. has agreed to buy local market leader Bank One Corp. for $57 billion, rivals are waiting for the seemingly bureaucratic bungles to chase away customers. Since...
- CRA wish lists in the works. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;1/19/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p25
Officials from Bank One Corp. and J. P. Morgan Chase & Co. are promising to expand the merged bank's involvement in inner-city areas, but low-income advocacy groups are taking nothing for granted. Gail Parson, reinvestment organizer for the National Training Information Center, says her group...
- J.P. Morgan Chase Officials to Address Chicago Concerns. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/1/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31831, p7
Reports that J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. will provide the firm's role in slavery-era insurance policies. Record on community investment; Plan of J.P. Morgan to acquire Bank One Corp.
- Bank One: Domino Effect? Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;1/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the effect of the acquisition of Bank One Corp. by J.P. Morgan Chase on the residential mortgage business in New York. Trading activity within the deal market for mortgage firms; Enhancement of shareholder value of banks; Number of mortgage banks on sale.
- Bank One, J.P. Morgan Chase Propose Merger. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the merger plans of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank One Corp. in January 2004. Background of both companies; Terms of the merger plans; Significance of the plans.
- M&A in the New Year: Poised To Grow? Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the mergers and acquisitions activity in the U.S., as of January 10, 2005. Forecast on the increase of mergers and acquisitions activity; Number of deals formed in the U.S. in 2003; Plan of JPMorgan Chase & Co. to buy Bank One Corp.
- HE Hurts Morgan-Chase Earnings. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;1/24/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p18
The article presents information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. said, which has earned $1.7 billion in the fourth quarter of 2004, down from $1.9 billion in the fourth quarter of 2003. The company suggested that, in looking at its prior-year results for the quarter, one should earnings increased...
- Bank One: Latest merger to go more smoothly than last one. Miller, Holly // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/26/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the merger of New Orleans Bank One Corp. with J.P. Morgan Chase and Co. in New Orleans, Louisiana. Consolidation of several computer system; Cost of acquisition in stock; Reduction of credit card exposure; Decline of the volatility in earnings.