Lehman Buys Neuberger Berman, Including $6.3B of Muni Assets
- Lehman looks beyond bonds. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;6/30/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p1
Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. was reported to be in negotiations to acquire money manager Neuberger Berman Inc. for about $3 billion. The move would represent an important hedging of bets for Lehman, which relies on the bond market for the bulk of its earnings, and as such has been one of the...
- Lehman Paying $2.6B for Neuberger. // American Banker;7/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 140, p18
Reports that Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. is buying Neuberger Berman Inc., an asset managing firm, for $2.6 billion. Discussion of how the purchase will reduce Lehman's reliance on bond sales and trading; Details of the deal between the two New York companies; Comment from company executives.
- Lehman to Give Neuberger Overseas Access. Pizzani, Lori // Money Management Executive;7/28/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Lehman Brothers' acquisition of Neuberger Berman in the U.S. as of July 2003. Background on the operations of the companies; Terms of the acquisition deal; Companies acquired by Neuberger since 2000.
- Lehman may sell a Neuberger business. // Crain's New York Business;7/28/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p2
Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. is likely to sell the clearing business of Neuberger Berman Inc. after it completes the acquisition of the money management firm. Lehman Brothers said last week that it was buying Neuberger Berman for $2.6 billion and made the move to increase its high-net-worth...
- Lehman Takes a Run at Neuberger. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/30/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 26, p4
Lehman Brothers Inc. is in talks to buy Manhattan, New York City-based money manager Neuberger Berman Inc. in a deal estimated to be worth roughly $3 billion in cash and stock. Neuberger, which currently manages about $56.3 billion in assets, has its own mutual funds group and a renowned...
- Acquisition gets Lehman back in institutional game. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;8/4/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p6
Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s acquisition of Neuberger Berman Inc. puts Lehman firmly back on the institutional investment map. Lehman Brothers' January 2003 acquisition of Lincoln Capital Fixed Income Management Co., Chicago, Illinois, brought in $30 billion in pure institutional assets....
- CORRESPONDENTS IN PLAY. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;9/29/2003 Supplement, Vol. 15, p7
Discusses the effects of the mergers of the leading U.S. clearing companies on mid-sized clearing firms in July 2003. Decision of Legg Mason Wood Walker to close its clearing operations; Comments on the agreement signed by Legg Mason with Wexford Clearing Services owned by Wachovia; Acquisition...
- Neuberger Managers Buy Bankrupt Business In Court Sale. // Money Management Executive;12/8/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p3
The article reports on the intention of private equity firms Bain Capital Partners LLC and Hellman & Friedman LLC to purchase Neuberger Berman Inc., a subsidiary of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., in the U.S. The deal is still subject for approval by the judge who oversees Lehman's bankruptcy...
- Lehman Brothers Wants to Buy Abroad. // American Banker;4/8/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 68, p20
Reports Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. is seeking acquisitions overseas, according to chief executive officer for Europe and Asia, Jeremy Isaacs. The company objective for foreign revenue; Data on the purchase of Neuberger Berman Inc.; Information on Lehman's official European headquarters in London.