Reports: Despite Balanced '04 Budget, N.Y.C. Faces Large Gaps in Future
- WISCONSIN: Brewing Up a Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p33
Reports on the agreement of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin Common Council on a city budget. Increase in some fees for services; balance of city's multimillion spending plan for 2002 by the budget; Need for additional revenues faced by city; Approval of a snowplowing fee by the Council; Increase in...
- Detroit Budget Gets Nod. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/30/2012, p7
The article reports on the approval of the Detroit City Council in Michigan to the 1.12 billion U.S. dollars fiscal budget for 2013.
- Playing the capping game. Stachniewski, Peter; Iley, Malcolm // Public Finance;08/13/99, p27
Focuses on the consideration for reserve capping powers of city councils in Great Britain in preparing the budget. Stability and predictability in external funding; In-year designation; System of warnings.
- Council passes capital plan. Cano, Angele // Hub (Hay River, NT);3/20/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p5
The article offers news briefs in Hay River, Northwest Territories as of March 20, 2013 including a capital plan passed by the town council, the acquisition of the Fire Department of new vehicles, and the commitment for the skate project.
- Granite City Council considers $24.3 million budget. // Granite City Press-Record;6/27/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 26, pA2
The article reports on the 24.3 million U.S. dollars in budget proposal from the Granite City Council in Illinois for the fiscal year 2012-12, that has a 25,898 U.S. dollar surplus from the previous year.
- 2013 tax increase might be necessary. CANO, ANGELE // Hub (Hay River, NT);11/28/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 40, p1
The article discusses the initial 2013 draft budgets for Hay River, Northwest Territories to be introduced by Hay River city council.
- City council adopts 2010-2011 budget. // Jackson Advocate;9/1/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 48, p11B
The article reports on the 313.6 million dollars budget adopted by the Jackson City Council for the fiscal year 2010-2011.
- Councils delivering but not communicating? Cartmell, Matt // PRWeek (London);7/15/2011, p11
The article reports on the growing perception that local councils in Great Britain are failing to take account of the views of residents amid the decline in council communication budgets, according to a survey conducted by LGInsight.
- Survey reveals scale of play service budget cuts by London councils. // Horticulture Week;5/11/2012, p5
The article informs that the city councils of London, England have made play service budge cuts in the city.
- Glendale Ponders Fee. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/22/2012, p7
The article reports on the preliminary fiscal 2013 budget to be considered by the City Council in Glendale, Arizona on May 22, 2012, including the 17 million dollars payment for operations of the city-owned Jobing.com Arena.