Muni Yields Up 3 to 5 Basis Points; $495M of Conn. HFA Bonds Price
- Florida Housing Finance Upgraded to A-Plus by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F320, p1
The article announces that American market analysis firm Fitch Ratings has upgraded its ratings for the affordable housing guarantee fund (GF) of the Florida Housing Finance Corporation's (FHFC) from A-minus to A-plus as of May 2014. Topics discussed include lowest level risk-to-capital ratio of...
- Life Without Fannie. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p1
Discusses the impact of the move by the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) to stop buying housing bonds after hitting internal portfolio limits on its tax-exempt municipal bond holdings. Worth of tax-exempt debt purchased by Fannie Mae in 2004; Tax-exempt holdings of Fannie Mae...
- Housing Volume Took a Hit in 2008, Despite a Slew of Favorable Bills. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;2/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33058, p12A
The article reports on the factors that contribute to the decline of the housing market in the U.S. Moody's Investors Service Inc. senior vice president Florence Zeman attributed the decline to the decrease of demand for municipal bonds and higher borrowing costs. Standard & Poor's Corp. team...
- CDA Deals $150M for Loans. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;8/11/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32937, p9
The article reports that the Community Development Administration (CDA) of the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development has entered the market with its $150 million of residential revenue bonds. The offer consists of $100 million of tax-exempt bonds and $50 million of bonds...
- San Francisco plans 3 deals worth $147M. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p2
Reports that San Francisco, California plans to raise $147 million in three municipal bond deals between May and June, 1999 for housing and other purposes.
- West Virginia Housing Fund Considers Another Sale in 2001. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p40
Reports on the West Virginia Housing Development Fund's plan to competitive issue revenue bonds in summer 2001. Amount of bonds to be issued; Plans to offer loans to families to purchase homes at lower interest rates.
- Study Shows Speedy Prepayment Trend Continues in Sunbelt States. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p5
Highlights the results of the report 'State Prepayment Differentials Revisited,' by Kurt van Kuller, director of municipal research at Merrill Lynch & Co. Trend toward faster prepayments of single-family mortgage revenue bonds in Sunbelt growth states; Fast paying and slow-paying states.
- Editor's Introduction. Lea, Michael J. // Housing Finance International;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Introduces several articles on mortgage lending in housing.
- Housing finance. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep95, p15
Discusses trends in housing finance in the United States. Mortgage rates between 1990 and 1995; Adjustable mortgage rate share between 1990 and 1995; Mortgage origination by lender between March 1994 and May 1995; Mortgage application volume 1990 and 1995.