Allete: Florida Water Deal Is On
- Allete Looking at 'Other Buyers' for Florida Water Services. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible sale of Florida Water Services Corp. by Duluth, Minnesota-based public company Allete Inc. after a judge ruled to block the sale until it is approved by the state Public Services Commission. Possible utilization of the sales proceeds; Business services offered by Florida...
- Is the Florida Water Services Case a Muni Enron? Lissack, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Presents an opinion on formation of Florida Water Service Inc. by Allete Inc. to earn undue profits. Number of utility customers exploited by Florida Water Service Inc.; Charges against Florida Water Services; Alternative proposal to resolve the issue of Florida Water Services.
- Judge to Decide on Stay That's Blocking Florida Water Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31560, p4
Reports on possible judgement on a court stay involving Duluth, Minnesota-based public company Allete Inc. that will allow the company to sale its subsidiary Florida Water Services Corp. Particulars of lawsuits filed against the subsidiary sale ; Tallahassee, Florida attorney Michael Twomey's...
- Florida PSC Claims Jurisdiction in Utility Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31567, p1
Reports on the order given by Florida Public Service Commission to Florida Water Services Corp. for not selling its water and sewer systems until an application transferring the utility systems is submitted by the deadline. Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to issue revenue bonds for...
- Allete, Florida Municipalities Discussing Sale of Utilities. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31623, p40
Allete Inc. announced that it is considering individual sales of the water and sewer systems in 26 Florida counties owned by its subsidiary, Florida Water Services Corp., after meeting with four local governments that are prepared to sell tax-exempt bonds to buy the utilities in their...
- The Long-Term Effect of Super Consolidation. Lathrop, Steven J. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2000, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p20
Points out the advantages of the trend towards consolidation among plumbing contractors in the United States. Potential for getting favorable price offers from prospective buyers of plumbing companies; Option of receiving cash payment or stock swapping; Capital gains treatment of stock used...
- Florida Water Deal Still on Hold; Judge Sees Final Ruling by Friday. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p1
Reports on the dispute regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Grant of temporary injunction on the issue by a circuit judge in Tallahassee, Florida; Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to market $527.8 million of revenue bonds; Opinions about the decision of temporary injunction.
- Caradon sell plumbing side. // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov2000, p7
Reports on the sale of the Caradon Plumbing division of Caradon PLC to HSBC Private Equity. Amount of the deal; Brands comprising the unit.
- In Brief. // Contractor Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p7
Presents news briefs on the plumbing industry in the U.S. as of October 2002. Sale of the Plymouth Products business of USF Consumer & Commercial Water Group to Pentair Inc.; Information on a Legionella Prevention Training Course offered by the Virginia Department of Mental Health; Details on...