- An untapped source. Wheating, Geoffrey // Brand Strategy;Aug2002, Issue 162, p30
Argues that the computer games industry needs to use broader marketing techniques to target its customers in Great Britain. Pitfalls of current marketing techniques in the industry; Household penetration of game consoles; Ways in which the industry can create effective dialogue with defined...
- Government helps games producers expand abroad. // New Media Age;1/22/2004, p13
Reports on the launching of a Web site by the British Trade & Investment to help video game companies targeting overseas markets. Features of the site; Details of the promotion of the site.
- Techlife games. Kranzl, Justin // Australian Personal Computer;Sep2002, Issue 285, p116
Features several electronic games. 'Neverwinter Nights,' developed by Bioware; 'Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos,' developed by Blizzard; 'Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament,' developed by Namco; 'Gun Metal,' developed by Rage.
- The Internet Don't Play That. Vonder Haar, Steven // Inter@ctive Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p66
Reports that most of the console games did not translate well to connected computer networks. Next-generation video game systems that are expected to incorporate modems that allow for online play; Why many console games are called twitch games in the industry; Idea behind the family-oriented...
- The Games We Play. Giffen, Peter // Applied Arts Magazine;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
This article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Frank Lenk on the electronic game industry and one by Kevin Brooker on game design.
- Codemasters brand boss lands global marketing role. // Marketing Week (01419285);7/7/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p4
No abstract available.
- Editor's Note. Grala, Alyson // License!;May2006 Plugged In, pS3
The article reflects on the new video game technology called E3. Companies such as McDonald's and Nike are actively making respective products visible on these video games. Based on the research made by the Nielsen Entertainment, game developers discuss possible business ventures to the highest...
- Thomas lands top role for Dreamcast launch. Campbell, Lisa // Marketing (00253650);7/22/1999, p3
Highlights Sega Europe's promotion of Giles Thomas to the role of European marketing director. Sega's effort to boost its marketing team ahead of the launch of its Dreamcast console in September 1999; Other key appointments.
- TV Tying In With Gaming. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;6/26/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p21
The article focuses on MI6, the interactive marketing conference for the gaming business from June 27-28, 2006 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. Topics include media planning, viral marketing, effective point-of-purchase strategies, building consumer awareness and mastering the...