Skol! Being tight helps Ikea boss amass a fortune
- What's in a name? Hillier, Rose-Marie // Australian House & Garden;May99, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p30
Features Ingvar Kamprad, a Swedish marketing guru who is behind the company IKEA. Origin of the name of the company.
- GOOD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p37
Focuses on the selection of Ikea founder Ingvar Kamprad as the richest man in Switzerland.
- GOOD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p139
The article reports that Swedish company, Ikea founder Ingvar Kamprad wants to appoint more women in management positions. Women make up 50 percent of the company's global workforce, but only 30 percent of managers and 20 percent of senior managers. Gender equality has become an issue after...
- EARNING CURVE INTERIOR DESIGN. // Management Today;Nov2003, p18
The article presents information about money charged by several interior designers and their personal worth. Painters and decorators of London, England charge Â£160 per day. The personal worth of Ingvar Kamprad, the founder of IKEA AB, is £8 billion.
- BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;4/7/2006, Issue 5482, p35
The article profiles Ikea pioneer Ingvar Kamprad, who celebrated his 80th birthday on March 30, 2006. He admitted that he liked to do things cheaply. Despite his fortune, he said he does not care if people thinks of him as a cheapskate. His views on frugality are explained. His brand has 202...
- Ikea founder may sell Habitat. // Cabinet Maker;8/16/2002, Issue 5300, p5
Reports on the statements of Ikea founder Ingvar Kamprad about the firm's losses due to the 1992 purchase of Habitat and the possibility that he will sell the chain.
- HISTORY LESSONS: BE PERSISTENT: INGVAR KAMPRAD. // Management Today;Apr2006, p13
The article reports on Ikea AB's Swedish founder Ingvar Kamprad's role in making his stores popular. Many people visit Kamprad's stores as attend church, and his catalogue's print-run outstrips the Bible's. But, in his early years, Kamprad's low prices were so unpopular with rivals that he once...
- IKEA NEWS AND INFORMATION. // Wood & Wood Products;May2008, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p41
The article presents the chronological history of Ikea AB. It begins in 1943 when the company was founded by Ingvar Kamprad and the origin of the company's name and the establishment of Swedwood as its manufacturing subsidiary on 1991. Also included is the opening of its new manufacturing plant...
- Ingvar Kamprad. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business Thinkers & Management Gia;2007, p21
A profile of Ingvar Kamprad, founder of Ikea AB, is presented. He began business in a small way by selling matches to neighbors at the age of five years. His company was a mail order business company. Information on his birth, birthplace, educational background, family background, major...