- AIR SUPPORT. Baxter, John // Overdrive;Jan2006, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p36
The article focuses on the proper maintenance of air-to-air charge air cooler system (ATAAC). One step to clean the ATACC is using air pressure or water stream from the back of the core. It is recommended to check all air ducts and gasket connections and to torque the hose clamps every 15.000 to...
- Expanding in changeparts. // Packaging Magazine;2/6/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p15
Reports that Barry-Wehmiller has acquired the assets and business of the changeparts division of Perplas, the British-based manufacturer of plastic medical devices.
- applications & resources. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p40
The article evaluates several products, a pamphlet and a guide including 2PN and TD-S/TD-HS flame-retardant flexible hoses from Hi-Tech Duravent, AeroLogic air-duct-disinfection systems from Atlantic Ultraviolet Corp. and "IAQ by Design" from Ebtron.
- Moving air and duct friction. Bennett, Dick // Process Heating;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p16
Highlights the factors that determine the extent of effect of wall friction on pressure losses in ovens' air-handling system. Includes air velocity; Air temperature; Cross-sectional area.
- New manual operated lift useful for duct application. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/14/96, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p17
Features the `Genie Lift,' a manually operated material lift useful for air duct application. Availability.
- Manufactured home community uses fiber glass ductboard. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/14/96, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p17
Reports on the use of a fiberglass ductboard in a home development project in Concord Township, Pennsylvania. Concerns on the safety of the duct systems.
- How to install duct liner faster and more efficiently. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/11/93, Vol. 190 Issue 6, p10
Gives advice on installing duct liners more efficiently. Use of edge-coated duct liner; Advantages of textile fiber duct liner; Type and length of pins; Use of a computer-controlled plasma-torch machine; Prevention of contamination of duct linings; Adhesives to use.
- Return-air systems: Death by suffocation? Bas, Ed // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/06/97, Vol. 202 Issue 6, p3
Details solutions to problems related to the conditioning system's return-air ducts. Problems from inadequate returns; Ways to add additional returns; Correction of flaws in the system; Prevention of airflow restrictions.
- No ducts required. Turpin, Joanna R. // Engineered Systems;May97, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p50
Discusses ductless mini-split systems as a solution when the hvac design problem is no available ductwork. Reasons why Americans are not interested with the system; How the ductless mini-split system works; Information on where the system can be used; Specifications and benefits of the system;...