Two directors leave Allied Carpets
- Industry holds its breath over Allied's future. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p8
Focuses on the takeover speculations regarding the business of Allied Carpets. Shareholding interest established by venture capital firm Wassall prior to its takeover bid; Financial status of Allied; Other companies interested on Allied. INSETS: The bidders.;Geoff Brady's plans..
- `Eric Cantona of carpets' makes eyes at Allied. // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p7
Comments on the takeover interest of retailer Tapis Saint-Maclou (TSM) on the business of Allied Carpets in Great Britain. Capacity of TSM to win over other contenders; Uncertainty on TSM's commitment to the bed business of Allied; Groupe Mullienz as the parent company of TSM.
- Allied Carpets finds buyer. // Cabinet Maker;09/17/99, Issue 5155, p4
Reports merger between Tapis Saint-Maclou and Allied Carpets in Great Britain.
- Allied Carpets picks Fraser for Â£5m task. // Marketing Week;2/14/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p10
Reports the appointment of Fraser Design by Allied Carpets to handle advertising account of the carpet firm in Great Britain. Resignation of the former advertising agency Bds Beechwood; Comparison of the market share of firm with competitor Carpetright; Facilitation of a review by marketing...
- Sales errors cost Allied ...3m. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p5
Reports on the cost to bed and carpet retailer Allied Carpets from errors in accounting sales for the year to June 27, 1998. Reflection of completed results in the company's accounts as an exceptional charge to be released by August 28, 1998.
- French opt for continuity. // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p5
Focuses on the decision of owner Tapis Saint-Maclou to continue the operations of Allied Carpets in France. Effect of the resignation of company officers; Appointment of Julian Lee as finance director.
- Allied Carpets to test mezzanines. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p3
Reports the plan of Allied Carpets to test a mezzanine store format in England.
- Allied suspends shares as sales policy breaks down. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p2
Reports on Allied Carpets's investigation of its sales policy after admitting that its normal procedure of recognizing sales upon delivery had broke down. Expected amount of the sales misattribution; Suspension of the stock market shares.
- Property is key to carpet deal. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;11/20/98, Issue 5115, p1
Opinion. Focuses on the swap deal between Carpetright and Allied Carpets in the carpet industry in Great Britain. Review of the future of bed sales in Allied's remaining stores; Companies' consideration of beds in the new stores' line-up; Deal signifying the importance of retail property.