Police appeal for help on Gateshead death
- Tough times and rough tactics. Wesphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;07/24/98, Issue 5098, p1
Opinion. Focuses on the murder of upholstery manufacturer Stephen Sweeney. Suspect in the murder; Possible motivation for the murder.
- Murder of upholstery boss could be industry revenge killing say police. Goodwin, Cliff // Cabinet Maker;07/24/98, Issue 5098, p2
Reports on the murder of upholstery manufacturer Stephen Sweeney. Suspect in the murder; Possible motivation for the murder; Initial results of investigation of the murder.
- Shop owner faces arson charges. Goodwin, Cliff // Cabinet Maker;11/06/98, Issue 5113, p3
Reports on criminal charges filed against Richard Caddick, a business partner of murdered furniture factory head Stephen Sweeney. Caddick's conversion of the gutted Richard Johns outfitters establishment.
- Moving forward on business bills. BURD, JOSHUA // njbiz;7/15/2013, p10
The article reports that New Jersey Senate President Stephen Sweeney has announced that he will end the blockade of Republican-sponsored measures, including bills that are relevant to the state's business community.
- Sweeney: A.C. is not going to be Detroit. George, Andrew // njbiz;11/25/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p3
The article reports that New Jersey Senate President Stephen Sweeney said that Atlantic City, New Jersey is not likely to file for bankruptcy despite the recent downgrade by credit rating agency Moody's.
- QUOTE MARKS. // njbiz;2/20/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p13
The article presents quotes from Anthony Catanoso, Steel Pier owner on the cancelation of the Diving Horse Act, the plan to override on the subject of gay marriage by Senate President Stephen Sweeney, and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie on taking swift action on the bill on gay marriage.
- Statement analysis. Adams, Susan H. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Oct96, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p12
Presents an overview of statement analysis as an aid in crime investigation. Parts of speech; Clues to deception from extraneous information; Lack of conviction; Balance of the statement. INSET: The mechanics of statement analysis..
- Validity of the control question polygraph test: The problem of sampling bias. Patrick, C.J.; Iacono, W.G. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Apr91, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p229
Seeks criterion evidence from polygraph office records and from independent police files for all 402 control question tests (CQTs) conducted during a 5-year period by federal police examiners in a major Canadian city. Discusses some alternatives to confession studies for evaluating the accuracy...
- Feds should learn car sting won't stamp out drugs. // Automotive News;2/1/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5484, p12
Editorial. Denounces the sting operations used by federal agents to deter money-laundering by drug dealers. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 8300; Setting up car salesmen to fail to report large cash transactions; Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), IRS and Washington police raid at two...