Land of Leather expands by a third to 15 as it continues to eschew IFC
- LoL threatens legal action over name. // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p2
Reports on British leather upholstery retailer Land of Leather's issuance of a threat to sue rival Landmark for copying its name. Landmark's opening of a store with the Land of Leather name in Aberdeen, Scotland; Statement made by Landmark chairman Malcolm Parkinson about the issue.
- Marketing a way through tough times for retailers. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2007, Issue 5558, p9
The author reflects on the importance of marketing to Land of Leather (LoL) and ScS Corp. in Great Britain. He mentions that marketing is often the first budget cut of the business when times are tough. However, he claims that marketing is a successful path to follow. He also explains that...
- Good leather selection but some details do not click. // Cabinet Maker;03/09/2001, Issue 5228, p4
Focuses on the Web site of Land of Leather, leather upholstery dealer in Great Britain. Discounts offered; Provision of warranty to customer orders; Lack of lead time details; Details on other features of the site.
- Land of Leather denies sale rumours. // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p2
Reports the deny made by the Land of Leather company concerning the sale rumors. Personal views of director Frank Fox on the speculation; Evaluation on business strategies of the company; Announcement of Fox on the usage of corporate finance company the Livingstone Gurantee to review the plans...
- Land of Leather closing down. // Cabinet Maker;4/9/2010, Issue 5682, p5
The article reports on the decision of Land of Leather Ltd. to close its 19 remaining shops in Great Britain after failed to find a buyer.
- Land of Leather brand up for sale. // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2011, Issue 5727, p4
The article reports on the move of Land of Leather Ltd to sell its intellectual property in Great Britain.
- LoL profits leap as it moves into Scotland. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p5
Reports on British leather upholstery company Land of Leather's posting of sales and profits in 1999.
- Land of Leather. // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p10
Relates experiences on furniture shopping at the Land of Leather store in Great Britain. Lack of customer acknowledgement; Negligence of staff to identify customer needs; Failure of the salesperson to provide information on the furniture products.
- Land of Leather launches its first 'safe' shopping scheme. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2001, Issue 5259, p1
Reports the launching of protection bond scheme by the furniture retailer Land of Leather (LoL) company in Great Britain. Effectivity of the plan based on insurance bond of customers' cheque and cash deposits; Objective of shopping scheme plan. INSET: Enter the new world of retail, by Audrey...