- Odds shorten on GUS taking control at Argos. // Cabinet Maker;03/06/98, Issue 5078, p5
Details the offer made by GUS to acquire Argos. Effect of the offer on Argos' stock performance; Decline in the stock price of other furniture companies.
- GUS closer to Argos acquisition. // Cabinet Maker;03/13/98, Issue 5079, p7
Reports on catalog company GUS' near acquisition of chain store Argos in light of Argos director Peter Birch's purchase of shares in the firm. Speculations on the company's search for another potential bidder aside from GUS.
- Argos to return ...431m to fend off GUS bid. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/10/98, Issue 5083, p4
Focuses on catalog retailer Argos's efforts to fend off takeover bid by GUS. Return of money to shareholders; Pre-tax profit forecast for the first half of 1998.
- Argos' sales boost is good news for GUS. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2003, Issue 5342, p6
Reports on the increase in the profits of the furniture store GUS in Great Britain. Benefits of the sales boost of Argos for the store; Plan of GUS to sell the shopping business to the Barclay brothers; Increase in the shares of Laura Ashley.
- A spate of shuffling pricks up City ears. Smith, Stuart // Marketing Week;6/2/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p21
The article focuses on GUS PLC's decision to divest Burberry Ltd. and Experian Corp. It raises the interesting question of why they were part of the group in the first place. There's a tenuous connection between Burberry and a fashion business based around catalogues. Then again, if one owns...
- Argos uses design plan to drive sales. Balmond, Sarah // Design Week;3/24/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the use of design by catalogue retailer Argos for its multi-channel offering which includes catalogues, stores and its website in Great Britain. Consultancies that deal with the company for the effort; Aim to raise the profile of design and the role its plays in selling products;...
- Argos boosts product offer. // Cabinet Maker;7/30/2004, Issue 5399, p6
Reports on the increase in the number of products offered by the home furnishings firm Argos in its catalog in Great Britain. Availability of the catalog; Increment in the like for like sales of the firm; Total products of the company.
- Argos to introduce next day delivery as it launches home furnishings catalogue. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/03/98, Issue 5082, p2
Reports on catalog retailer Argos' partnership with home shopping firm Littlewoods Organization PLC to launch a home furnishings catalog and a next day delivery service in Great Britain. Current period of delivery offered by Argos; Trial date of the catalogs; Argos' problems in marketing the...
- MFI enigma hits GUS shares. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p6
The article reports that after months of growth, GUS is showing a series of falling highs, and more sellers are likely to emerge each time the price approaches goop. The failure of GUS chief executive John Peace to dismiss rumours of a bid for MFI has wrong-footed DeutscheBank analysts....