Arson attack on Fareham businesses
- Serial arson in the wee hours. P.V. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/17/94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
Looks into 12 blazes in Edmonton's Norwood community set by what is thought to be a mentally deranged arsonist. Initially fires were set in abandoned vehicles and tumbled-down garden sheds in a two-block area south and east of 96 Street and 118 Avenue. Profile of arsonists by Steve Hart, Simon...
- The 17 Ave. Inn arson case keeps smoldering. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/13/95, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p26
Reports on developments in the arson case related to the 1992 fire at 17 Ave. Inn of Calgary, Alberta. Death of firefighter Morley James; Link between arsonists and hotel owners Sam and Ron Pulcer; Reward offered by the Calgary Firefighters Association and Royal Insurance Canada.
- Juvenile fire setting. // Children Today;May/Jun84, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
Communities across the country are reporting that 40 to 70 percent of documented, intentionally-set fires are set by children under age 18. Clearly juvenile fire setting is a costly and serious problem. In Minnesota, the significant increase in fire-related deaths led to the mayor's Task Force...
- Warehouse fire leads to boys' arrest. // Waste News;04/20/98, Vol. 3 Issue 49, p6
Reports that on April 2, 1998, two youths pleaded innocent to arson charges, for a fire that destroyed a Portland, Maine warehouse containing recycled paper products. Estimation for total damages; Names of the two youths; Information on how the fire was caused;
- Pa. youth confesses to tire fire. // Waste News;03/17/97, Vol. 2 Issue 43, p6
Reports that a 15 year-old boy confessed to starting a fire at a tire-recycling plant in Washington, Pennsylvania. Description of the damage that was done.
- Arson suspected. // Christianity Today;5/14/90, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p46
Reports on fire officials' suspicions of arson in a fire that ravaged the offices of the Anderson, Indiana-based Helvering Agency, including those of popular Christian vocalist Sandi Patti.
- Firestarters? // Newsweek;2/13/89, Vol. 113 Issue 7, p7
Report that four loggers working where Yellowstone National Park's biggest fire began have been charged with discarding lighted substances and could face fines and time in jail.
- Crime Stoppers Featured Crime. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/30/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p7
The article presents a notice by the New Braunfels/Comal County Crime Stoppers department seeking information on an arson at the 500 block of Nacogdoches Street in New Braunfels, Texas on December 12, 2009.
- L.A. police identify suspect in arson spree. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;1/2/2012, p1
The article reports on the identification of a person of interest who may be responsible for the series of arson fires in Los Angeles, California since December 30, 2011.