Tough times and reorganisation prompt layoffs at upholstery firms
- Fast track to profit on the agenda at Frayling. // Cabinet Maker;9/19/2003, Issue 5356, p5
Reports on the purchase of Staffordshire-based upholstery manufacturer Frayling Furniture by a group of investors led by Peter Woodcock.
- Staff cutbacks at Frayling. // Cabinet Maker;4/19/2002, Issue 5283, p2
Reports the dismissal of employees in two of the plants of Frayling Furniture. Number of employees dismissed; Reasons for reducing workforce.
- Return to Salterforth. // Cabinet Maker;12/04/98, Issue 5117, p3
Announces that upholstery maker Frayling will exhibit at Silentnight Group's Salterforth showrooms in Great Britain for three years from April 1999. Construction of an extension at Salterforth; Reason Frayling stopped exhibiting at Salterforth in early 1990s.
- Going Hell for Leather. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2011, Issue 5743, p24
The article discusses trends in the leather upholstery industry. Duncan Box, marketing manager at Ekornes ASA brand Sressless, says that product promotions would be important part of his company's marketing strategy. Dani Redley, sales account manager at Global Furniture Alliance Ltd. (GFA) says...
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/2004, Issue 5415, p35
Highlights developments in the upholstery industry in Great Britain as of November 2004. Recognition of Paul Longmuir, sales agent from Buoyant Upholstery, as recipient of the 2004 Salesman of the Year award; Implications of the ban on smoking for upholstery testing.
- SECOND HELPING. Wakeman, John // Cabinet Maker;9/27/2013, Issue 5854, p14
The article offers information on the 2nd Branded Furniture Show of Buoyant Upholstery to be held at the AIS Showrooms in Solihull, West Midlands of England on October 1, 2013. John Wakeman, sales director of Buoyant Upholstery, talks about the success of the first trade show in 2012. He also...
- Buoyant md denies trade rumors. // Cabinet Maker;05/08/98, Issue 5087, p3
Reports on the rumored collapse of the company Buoyant Upholstery.
- Buoyant invests in third show van. // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2012, Issue 5799, p6
The article informs that Buoyant Upholstery Ltd. has invested 50,000 pounds in its third show Ford Iveco van to visit more retailer across Great Britain.
- Buoyant Upholstery embraces turnaround success. // Cabinet Maker;6/25/2010, Issue 5693, p4
The article reports on the business development of Buoyant Upholstery Ltd., where the manufacturing has increased by 41% in 2009 with all parts of the business evidently thriving.