ASA advises how not to offend customers
- Milk allergy complaint upheld. // Dairy Industries International;Jul96, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p6
Reports on Great Britain Advertising Standards Authority's rejection of the claims by Pacific Whey, a milk alternative, that changing from cows' milk to its product could help prevent a number of medical conditions.
- ASA allows Ali G 'white paper' ad after complaints. // Marketing (00253650);5/30/2002, p2
Reports the dismissal of complaints against the advertising campaign for the United Independent Pictures movie Ali G Indahouse by the Advertising Standards Authority in Great Britain.
- Regulating advertising--time to get tough? Middleton, Benet; Rodwell, David // Consumer Policy Review;May/Jun98, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p88
Discusses the effectivity of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) in the United Kingdom. Legal framework of the issue; Suggested improvements to the system.
- Ad watchdog orders withdrawl of Ali G Indahouse poster campaign. // Marketing Week (01419285);3/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p12
Reports the order of Advertising Standards Authority to withdraw poster campaign for the film 'Ali G Indahouse' in Great Britain. Complaints on the poster; Creation of image by Curio; Description of the poster.
- New checks aim to curb misleading advertisements. Dyer, Owen // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/20/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6990, p1288
Reports on the efforts of the British Advertising Standards Authority to curb misleading health, beauty and slimming advertisements. Research evidence of advertising exaggeration; Spot check on acceptable and exaggerated advertisements; Problem areas; Ways in which advertisers infringe on the...
- Still room for improvement in ASA's policing of advertising. Cozens, Claire // Campaign (UK);04/14/2000, Issue 15, p12
Examines the improvements made by the Great Britain Advertising Standards Authority on its policing of advertising. Number of offensive advertisements ruled by the authority in 1999; Leadership changes and its impact on the authority.
- Laser ad 'misled': ASA. // Optometry Today;1/13/2012, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the move by the British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) to support the complaint filed against the television advertisement for Optical Express' laser eye surgery.
- ASA labels TfL ad 'misleading' Singh, Sonoo // Marketing Week (01419285);2/20/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p9
Reports the views of the Advertising Standards Authority on a poster advertising of the congestion charge in London, England. Details of the headline used; Creation of the campaign by Triangle Communications; Implication of the advertising campaign.
- UK: Heineken told to pull "misleading" Kronenbourg 1664 ad. Wehring, Olly // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);2/12/2014, p10
The article announces a complaint lodged against an advertisement released by Dutch brewing company Heineken's Kornenbourgh 1664 lager brand which the British Advertising Standards Authority upheld.