15 top emerging markets
- Motivation in the labor market. Katul'skii, E. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p39
Examines the factors that motivate people in the labor force in Russia. Individuals regard of key social and labor related tradeoffs; Determination of the place of labor in the structure of life values; Characterization of valuational mass consciousness.
- Labor force movement. Gimpel'son, V.; Gorbacheva, T. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p51
Examines the turnover aspect of the labor force movement in Russia. Trends in labor force movement; Causes and effects of labor force turnover; Negative aspects of labor mobility in a market economy.
- Pa. Posts Record Volume of Jobs. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31331, p2
Focuses on an increase in the civilian labor force reported in Pennsylvania by the state Department of Labor and Industry. Statistics for the increase; Seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for the state.
- Careers and opportunities in 1988. Williams, C.C. // Black Enterprise;Feb1988, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p165
The forecast remains sunny for professionals in service-oriented jobs, but will blue-collar and unskilled laborers get left out in the cold? Discussion of the job market.
- Bringing the urban jobless to suburban jobs. Anderson, B. // Black Enterprise;Jul88, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p39
The shift from the manufacturing sector to services (especially business services) has been matched by a major relocation of jobs from cities to suburbs. Disinvestment; Shift in employment; Growth of minority labor force; Problems of black mayors; Job training; Reverse commuting; Examples.
- 1990 careers and opportunities. // Black Enterprise;Feb1990, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p69
Presents an analysis of the employment outlook for the 1990s. Where the opportunities are; What skills are needed; Work force priorities; Labor market competition.
- Labour force status of the population. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring96, pS87
Presents a chart depicting labor force status of the population in Canada as of spring 1996. Categories.
- Labour force status of the population by region. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring96, pS88
Presents a chart depicting labor force status of the Canadian population by region, as of spring 1996. Categories.
- Labor & the limits of the market place. // Commonweal;1/16/87, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p3
Editorial. The path to full employment is not obvious. The new Congress is certain to be a more hospitable environment for seeking & examining solutions. But the whole discussion will nowhere unless it is supported by a fundamental recognition that both ethically and economically, labor must...