Review: SAMe reduces symptoms in depression, osteoarthritis, and liver disease
- Can One Substance Treat Both Osteoarthritis and Depression? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Nov99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
Provides information on S-adenosyl-methionine (SAMe), a substance that treats osteoarthritis and depression. Side effects of SAMe; How the supplement works.
- SAM-e SO-SO. Schardt, David // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar2001, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the physiological and therapeutic effects of S-adenosylmethionine (SAM-e). Information on SAM-e; Treatment for depression; Treatment for osteoarthritis. INSETS: THE BOTTOM LINE;SAM-e STRIKES OUT.
- SAMe: Good for liver disease, depression, osteoarthritis? Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;11/4/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 21, p55
Reports on the effectiveness of S-adenosyl-L-methione (SAMe) in treating depression, osteoarthritis and liver disease. Results of clinical trials on humans; Meta-analysis of SAMe; Improvement in the score of the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression.
- Supplement Snapshot. McVeigh, Gloria // Prevention;Mar2005, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p80
Evaluates the diet supplement S-adenosylmethionine which claims to relieve depression and osteoarthritis pain. Suggestions for drug dosage; Statement that S-adenosylmethionine may cut inflammation in osteoarthritis and improve brain cell communication in depression; Evaluation of drug efficacy.
- Users Say SAM-e Is a Wonder Drug...Are They High? Boorstin, Julia // Fortune;11/13/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 11, p56
Discusses the pill S-adenosylmethionine, also known as SAM-e, which reportedly helps treat depression, osteoarthritis, liver disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and migraine headaches. Introduction of the pill to the United States as a dietary supplement by BASF; Popularity of the...
- SAM-e: For depression and more? D'Epiro, Nancy Walsh // Patient Care;3/15/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p33
Focuses on S-adenosylmethionine (SAM-e), a dietary supplement said to relieve depression and arthritis. Chemical characteristics of SAM-e; Rationale for the use of SAM-e in patients with neurologic and psychiatric disorders; Efficacy and safety; Clinical applications. INSET: Commentary, by...
- SAM-e. TWEED, VERA // Amazing Wellness;Summer2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p16
The article offers information on S-adenosylmethionine, or SAM-e, a dietary supplement for treating a variety of health conditions, including depression, arthritis and fibromyalgia. SAM-e is naturally produced in the body from the amino acid methionine to support the biochemical process called...
- Not the SAM-e Old Drug. Dworkin, Norine // Psychology Today;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p26
Introduces the antidepressant called S-adenoslymethionine, or SAM-e. Remarks from Doctor Richard Brown; How the drug works; Other purpose of the antidepressant.
- Is SAM-e effective for depression, osteoarthritis? // Drug Topics;10/21/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the effectiveness of dietary supplement SAM-e in treating depression and osteoarthritis.