FADE TO BLACK
- Locarno to honor Chinese helmer. Elley, Berek // Daily Variety;6/27/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 18, p5
Reports the awarding of chinese film director, Chen Kaige with the Leopard of Honor during the Locarno International Film Festival in London, England. Films directed by Kaige; Institutions receiving the Leopard of Honor; Inclusion of a film by Irene Bignardi in the festival.
- Chen to make a 'Killing' in English. Duke, Paul F.; Brodesser, Claude // Daily Variety;05/30/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 61, p1
Reports that Chinese director Chen Kaige is teaming up with actress Heather Graham to make his English-language directorial debut on the erotic film thriller, `Killing Me Softly.' Other actors in the motion picture; Other films directed by Chen; Description of the film's story line.
- Auteur GUIDE. Lally, Kevin // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/6/2005, Vol. 392 Issue 6, p40
This article presents information on several contemporary filmmakers of China. A leading figure among the Fifth Generation of Chinese filmmakers that attended the newly reopened Beijing Film Academy during the late 1970s, Chen Kaige established his name quickly with his 1980s features "Yellow...
- Auteur GUIDE. Lally, Kevin // Film Journal International;Dec2005, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p52
The article presents information on several Chinese directors emerging in the international motion picture industry. Several films directed by Chen Kaige include "Yellow Earth," "King of the Children" and "Together." Jia Zhangke graduated from Beijing Film Academy and has earned recognition for...
- TOGETHER (Film). Meyer, Andrea // Interview;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p34
Reviews the motion picture 'Together,' directed by Chen Kaige.
- Changing the Face of Chinese Cinema: An Interview with Chen Kaige. Havis, Richard James // Cineaste;Winter2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
Interviews Chinese film director Chen Kaige on the state of the Chinese cinema. Impression made on the international film scene; Educational background; Reputation of Kaige in the West.
- THE PROMISE. Denby, David // New Yorker;5/29/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 15, p18
The article reviews the motion picture "The Promise," directed by Chen Kaige.
- Chen Kaige. Glaessner, Verina // St. James Film Directors Encyclopedia;1998, p94
A profile of Chinese film director Chen Kaige is presented. Kaige was born on August 12, 1952 in Beijing, China and was working in a rubber plantation in Yunnan province. He worked in film processing lab from 1975-1978 and studied at Beijing Film Academy from 1978-1982. He was later assigned to...
- Dialogue with Chen Kaige. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/13/2005, Vol. 392 Issue 13, p12
This article presents an interview with Chinese film director Chen Kaige. On being asked about the message of his film "Wu Ji," Kaige said that, his film has some important messages regarding love and freedom and destiny that it wants to deliver to the audience. According to Kaige, the film took...