WHAT'S DOING AT SIGGRAPH
- pcnews: in brief. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;2/7/2006, p23
The article presents news briefs related to the computer industry. Microsoft Corp. is combining its Exchange e-mail business with its Real-Time Collaborations instant messaging group. Intel Corp.'s forthcoming Montecito Itanium server chip is expected to consume less power and be more cost...
- Microsoft, Adobe call truce in the font wars. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;5/20/96, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p22
Reports that Adobe and Microsoft are developing a font format that will embrace both companies' font standards in World Wide Web pages. Format description; Terms of the agreement; Embedding for Web pages; Copyright issues. INSETS: Fonts on the Web.;Amelio reveals game plan..
- Untitled. Freedman, Beth // PC Week;4/19/93, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the joining of Adobe and Microsoft. To announce that Adobe Type Manager and Adobe Type 1 typefaces will be compatible with Microsoft's Windows NT.
- Adobe, Microsoft Hit New Highs On Cloud Prospects. SEITZ, PATRICK // Investors Business Daily;10/24/2016, p1
The article reports that stock prices of Adobe Systems Inc. and Microsoft Corp. reached record high levels on October 24, 2016 following the transition of both firms from licensed software to cloud computing.
- One format for print and Web fonts. Fenton, Erfert // Macworld;Sep96, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p44
Reports on Adobe Systems Inc. and Microsoft Corp.'s collaboration on a new font format called OpenType. Use of the format as a universal font format for printed output and online viewing; Combination of Adobe's Type 1 with Microsoft's TrueType Open.
- The Best 50. // Dataquest;11/15/2015, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p22
The article lists the best fifty companies worldwide in the field of cyber commerce, which includes Adobe Systems, Google, and Microsoft Corp.
- Microsoft and Intel shrink the size of computers. Cox, John // Network World;01/10/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p14
Highlights Intel- and Microsoft-related news at the 2000 Consumer Electronics Show. Intel's entry into the Web appliance market by offering an array of hardware and software products; Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Bill Gates' demonstration of Pocket PC.
- Convergence Key to TV-Computer Links. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on television-computer entertainment technologies that were introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2004. Features of the Entertainment PC prototype introduced by Intel; Information on the liquid crystal on silicon technology of Intel; Details...
- Intel and Microsoft learn that trust is easier to lose than to win. Gibson, Stan // PC Week;12/26/94-1/2/95, Vol. 11 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the lessons learned by Intel and Microsoft regarding the trust of loyal customers. Actions taken by the companies; Outlook of customers; Effects of Microsoft's move to OS/2 Warp.