- TAKING OFF. Sakariassen, Alex // Missoula Independent;3/15/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p14
The article focuses on the importance of innovative technologies that are utilized by the filmmakers of Missoula, Montana. It reflects on the cost-effective and small-sized high definition cameras which are assembled with high quality zoom lenses and became an increasingly important tool for the...
- Buying on Budget. Sanders, Justin W. // Back Stage East;11/8/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 45, p24
The article provides information on digital equipment that can be used by beginning filmmakers. Current technology allows virtually any one to pick up a camera and shoot, edit and distribute a short movie. A light, sturdy camera, the DVX100 can shoot 24 frames per second, simulating the look of...
- Flat Broke Filmmakers. Anderson-Minshall, Diane // Curve;Aug2005, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p51
Interviews film director Andrea Richards about her career in the United States. Richards' release of the book â€œGirl Director: A How-to-Guide for the First-Time, Flat-Broke Film and Video Makerâ€; Biggest misconception women have about filmmaking; Short films of Richards.
- Baraka heads-up HD Nokia short. // Televisual;Nov2004, p63
Reports the production of the short film "Face," by post-house Baraka Post Production in London, England. Producers and directors of the film; Overview of the plot; Technology used in filming "Face."
- Youth film project links communities. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;9/3/2008 Youth Work Now, p5
The article announces that the short film produced by young film-makers from Peterborough and Cambridge, England will be shown at the John Clare Theatre on September 11, 2008. The young film-makers have been taking part in Changing Places, a film-making project that aims to bring together...
- Lights, Camera, RIPFest! Wood, Mark Dundas // Back Stage;5/19/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 20, p5
This article focuses on making ten-minute films in 16 days. Filmmaking is a long, wearying process. Finishing even a short film can devour years of an artist's life. The group Raw Impressions Productions (RIP) is out to change that assumption. Founded in Manhattan, New York City, in 2001, the...
- SHORT FILM SERIES. // Back Stage West;9/23/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p25
Reports on the acceptance of application for auditions for a series of digital short films by producer David C. Jackson.
- Two-Day I Am a Filmmaker. Rock, Ben // Back Stage West;8/19/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p8
Shares the author's experience of creating and directing a short film in its entirety in two days as part of a film series/exercise/personal test produced by executive producers John Sylvain, Peter Lebow and Charles Papert. Steps underwent in the making of the film as part of the Instant Films...
- Short Choreography. Rock, Ben // Back Stage;10/8/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p58
This article focuses on two filmmakers, one is a veteran and the other is a novice in this profession. After working successfully as a choreographer and a dancer in New York, Mitchell Rose decided to broaden his horizons to include filmmaking. After attending the American Film Institute from...