- EXTREMEM EDITING. Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Jul2003, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the use of Panasonic AG-DVX100 MiniDV camera to create the short film 'The Delivery Boy.' Effort of director Stephen Marro to win a finalist spot in the Chrysler Million-Dollar Film Festival; Utilization of Avid's Xpress DV system to edit the film; Cost effectiveness of the software...
- CAMERAS. // Daily Variety;8/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 31/32, SPECIAL REPORT. p38
Cites various digital videocameras for film production. Popularity of the Cine Alta cameras from Sony Corp. among U.S. directors; Features of the Panasonic AJ-HDC27 Varicam camera; Retail price of the JVC JY-HD1OU.
- HDSLR VISIONS, HURLBUT, ACT OF VALOR. Clapp, Cristina // Videography;Dec2010, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses articles published within the issue including one by Shane Hurlbut on video features of the Canon EOS 5D Mark II digital single-lens reflex, one on the completed production of the film "Act of Valor," and one on the...
- Ubiquity Unveils Phantom Flex Digital Camera. // Imaging Update;Sep2011, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the completion of a film production by Irvine, California-based Ubiquity Studios using the Phantom Flex digital camera. It notes that the Phantom Flex is considered as the most flexible digital cinema camera. The production involves the use of a Lamborghini LP-560...
- French `Vidocq' a high-definition first. Masters, Charles // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/15/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 39, p65
Reports that the French costume thriller `Vidocq' is set to become the world's first feature shot entirely using a high definition camera. Sony's and Panavision's development of the HDW-F900 camera; Film direction by Pitof; Gerard Depardieu's selection to play the title role.
- D-Cinema: A Timeline of Experimental and Mainstream Uses of Digital Technology. // Velvet Light Trap: A Critical Journal of Film & Television;Spring2004, Issue 53, p55
Presents a timeline of experimental and mainstream uses of digital technology in filmmaking in the U.S. from 1972 through 2003. Film-less electronic camera patented by Texas Instruments in 1972; Release of Digital8 format video camera by Sony in April 1999; Launch of iMovie 3, Final Cut Express...
- IBC opens the curtains on digital cinema. McKernan, Brian // TVB Europe;Nov2000, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p16
=Deals with the concept of digital cinema during the International Broadcasting Convention 2000. Information on the cameras presented by different companies; Discussion on the independence from Hollywood of filmmaking; Reason people are spending time and effort to transition moviemaking to the...
- OConnor Heads Make Production a Breeze. HARDWICK, ANTHONY // TV Technology;10/19/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p36
The article reports on the advantages of using a pair of Arri Alexa motion picture-style digital cameras and a complement of lenses in the production of "Rizzoli & Isles," a television crime series that airs on Turner Network Television (TNT) in Los Angeles, California.
- OptiTrack Insight VCS. // movieScope Magazine;Mar/Apr2011, Issue 21, p9
The article offers brief information on Insight virtual camera system from OptiTrack.