Opponents of San Diego refinancing trying to force vote on bond sale
- High court ruling provides catalyst for San Diego deal. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;08/11/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30454, p4
Reports on the agreement of the San Diego City Council in California to sell $205 million in lease-revenue bonds in September 1998 to expand the city's convention center. California Supreme Court's affirmation of the legality of lease-backed bonds; City's use of the same bond structure the...
- Legal worries delay $105M Nevada sale. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;12/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30797, p3
Reports on the postponement of the sale of limited general obligation bonds in Washoe County, Nevada due to the inability of local officials to formulate an official statement about the deal. Plan of the officials to use the sale proceeds to finance the expansion of a convention center;...
- Florida Officials Could Block Osceola County's Convention Center Plans. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30489, p6
Reports on Florida officials' plan to block Osceola County's plan to sell bonds for a convention center. Arguments expressed by state lawyers opposing the convention center plans; Estimated amount of revenue bonds the county plans to sell.
- Florida seeks to block Osceola county bonds. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30500, p2
Reports that the Florida State government is opposing plans of the Osceola County to issue bonds to finance a proposed convention center. Florida State Attorney's Office's appeal with the State Supreme Court against the local bond validation.
- Lawsuit threatens another Nev. convention center deal. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;11/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30774, p3
Reports that the Washoe County Board of Commissioners in Nevada is expected to decide on November 23, 1999, whether to back a Las Vegas convention center bond set to sell in December 1999 despite a constitutional challenge by taxpayers. Debate over the constitutionality of the state's...
- Virginia Beach Standing Behind Convention Center Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p28
Reports on the decision undertaken by the Virginia Beach Development Authority to sell out its municipal bonds to finance the construction of a convention center. Comments of director of finance of the authority Patricia Phillips over the issue; Expectations of officials of the authority.
- Omaha mayor seeks stadium financing plan. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;06/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30417, p3
Reports that Omaha, Nebraska Mayor Hal Daub is formulating a financing plan for a proposed convention center and arena requiring up to $190 million of bonds. Rejection of a bill that would have allowed the city to hold a referendum on a sales-tax hike to back bonds for the project;...
- Worries delay sale. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2A
Focuses on Washoe County, Nevada's decision to postpone its debt sale to expand a convention center.
- Maryland County OK's $160M for Potomac River Project. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p5
Reports that the Prince George's County Council in Washington, D.C., approved plans in July 2004 to issue up to $160 million in a combination of taxable and tax-exempt bonds to help fund the construction of the infrastructure for a planned hotel and convention center along the Potomac River. Key...