California: 10% bigger rate cut proposed
- Senate passes bill to lower energy rates. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/22/98-06/29/98, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p23
Deals with the legislation passed by the New York State Senate in June 1998 which would lower energy rates for residential and business customers by cutting the Gross Receipts Tax on Energy. Explanation from James Seward, chairman of the Senate Energy and Telecommunications Committee.
- Leave retail wheeling in quotes. Owens, David K. // Electric Perspectives;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p80
Discusses the proposed retail wheeling in electric utilities. Congressional prohibition of retail wheeling; Proposals for retail wheeling; No actual wheeling taking place; Arguments by proponents; Offering no real cost reduction and benefiting larger customers.
- Lawmakers prepare for advent of competitive electric industry. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;3/11/96, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p1
Reports on preparations by state legislators in Arizona for forthcoming competitiveness in the electric power industry. House Bill 2504 sponsored by Representative Jeff Groscost; Lower electrical rates lobbied for by the manufacturing sector; Drive to lower utility bills for all customers;...
- Will you pay more? Van Cleve, Emily // New Mexico Business Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p19
Focuses on the effects of industry restructuring on electric rates deregulation in New Mexico. Initiation of a public forum to discuss the deregulation issue; Steps imposed by the senators on the initial rate freeze; Impact of the deregulation issue on the preference of businessmen for...
- Legislature to consider reducing utility rates. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;06/28/99, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the bills introduced to cut electricity rates of Michigan's two largest utilities and limit them at 1998 values. Amount proposed that the rates would be reduced; Electric-utility deregulation; Allowing of electricity consumers to go to other electricity suppliers in 1999; Fund...
- N.J. coalition attacks bill OK'ing flexible utility rates. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/17/95, Vol. 195 Issue 12, p16
Reports that the New Jersey Coalition for Fair Competition has attacked a bill permitting the Board of Public Utilities to approve flexible electricity and natural gas rates. Impact on N.J. energy-related businesses; Citing of the language of the bill; Bill provisions.
- Bill to freeze power rates slated for vote. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p3
The article reports that the House Electric Utility Oversight Committee of Illinois will vote on a bill related to electricity rates in the state on November 14, 2006. The bill proposes to curb electric rates at current levels through 2009. It seeks to abolish power rate increases of 22% in...
- California prices capped out. // Power Economics;Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p13
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis has signed a legislation seeking to cap residential electric power rates as of October 2000. Provisions of the legislation; Implications for the electric power industry in the state; Impact on electric utility San Diego Gas and Electric.
- Utility to Jack Up Pole Rates in Fla. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p45
Reports on the impact of the decision of the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit concerning the pole-attachment policy on the cable television industry. Expected soaring of rates of power utilities; Electric utilities' challenging of constitutionality of pole-attachment...