New Jersey officials revisiting idea of merging highway agencies
- U.S.-Mexico Border Rail Project Has Potential to Generate Mound of Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p35
Reports that a proposal to move international rail traffic from El Paso, Texas to Santa Teresa, New Mexico could create a major source of debt issuance in two states. Financing options for the states; Expected benefits of the project; Amount of funding requested by officials at El Paso, Texas.
- Mississippi Central's 120-class Mikados. Sebastian-Coleman, George; Witbeck, C.W. // Model Railroader;Jun98, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p78
Presents information on the delivery of four 2-8-2's number 120-123 class Mikados to the Mississippi Central in 1921. Features of the 2-8-2 design; Information on the aid given to the status of the train by the United States Railway Administration light and heavy designs of 1918; Details on the...
- THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE RAILROAD COMMISSION. Ayres, Arthur U. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug12, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p792
Focuses on the enactment of provisions to regulate state railroad traffic in Pennsylvania. Management of common carriers; Regulation of boiler construction and inspection; Restrictions in railway operations.
- POINTERS. // Rail Business Intelligence;5/17/2012, Issue 414, p1
The article offers news briefs related to railroads in Europe including Deputy Mayor for Transport Isabel Dedring's commitment to introduce Automatic Train Control on 48/o of London Underground rolling stock by 2014, offering of 5 pound discount to passengers by South Yorkshire PTE and approval...
- A bridge too far. Pascoe, Michael // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/09/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6088, p46
Presents the author's humorous look at the Darwin-to-Alice Springs railway. Railway as the key to improving the nation; Products in Adelaide waiting for distribution; Quote from `The Bridge Across the Crick,' by C.J. Dennis.
- Railway retained for recreational use. // Planning (14672073);10/15/2010, Issue 1890, p19
The article reports on the rejection to create a wildlife reserve and community woodland on a former railway in Kent, England after a decision that it must be kept.
- Strathclyde's success with Railtrack could help others. // Public Finance;4/15/94, p2
Reports that a Strathclyde passenger transport executive has won against rail authorities over track leasing. Refusal to pay contributions to fund local rail passengers; Charges for track leasing from Railtrack; Meeting with Scottish Office officials on government payment.
- Marketing this area's passenger train. Owsen, Dwight M. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/17/95, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p4
Opinion. Comments on issues surrounding the extension of Amtrak's Pere Marquette's Chicago-to-Grand Rapids passenger train service beyond April 1995. Business theories that support the improved-marketing approach for the train service; Contribution of food car and attendant; Need for the...
- Assembly keeps NAFTA train bill on track. // San Diego Business Journal;6/12/95, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p6
Reports on California Assembly's support of a bill encouraging the creation of a joint powers to reopen the San Diego, California and Arizona Eastern Railway.