Reverse Mergers: On the Rise
- Deal flow is flat, but cash volume sinks. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;04/16/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p14
Focuses on merger and acquisition activity in Illinois in the first quarter of 2001. Impact of the downdraft of the stock market in the United States; Decline of new-deal valuations; Scarcity of mega-buyouts; Decline of announced dollar value for Illinois mergers and acquisitions.
- How the Stock Market Slide Bit Into M&A. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p25
Reports on how the steep and sudden dive of the stock market claimed casualties in the 1998 United States mergers and acquisitions (M&A) arena. Confirmed M&A deal failures.
- Must M&A pull back if stocks decline? Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p51
Discusses the influence of stock market movements on corporate merger decisions and transactions in the United States. Advantages of cash/stock combinations in corporate mergers; Dollar value of announced acquisitions affected by stock market stability; Identification of industries most...
- AZX Sale. // Traders Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 14 Issue 188, p10
Reveals that Arizona Stock Exchange (AZX) is in discussions for a merger or acquisition. Reason for the move of AZX; Investment firms that will be watching the negotiations of AZX.
- Consolidation and Convergence. King, Thomas E. // Traders Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 183, p70
Predicts a consolidation and convergence trend in the United States (U.S.) equities market. Catalyst for the structural changes in the U.S. market; Challenge facing sellside firms seeking to maximize their profits as value-added intermediaries; Variations in the role traders will play in the...
- Takeovers push market to new highs. // Accountancy;Apr1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1112, p54
Reports on the positive impact of bid battles and anticipation of more merger and takeover deals on the stock market in the United States. Full media coverage of merger deals; Factors that encourage bid activity.
- Survivorship and the Economic Grim Reaper. Baker, George P.; Kennedy, Robert E. // Journal of Law, Economics & Organization;Oct2002, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p324
Explores the process of delisting of firms in stock exchanges in the U.S. Survival rate of firms trading on the New York and American stock exchanges; Analysis of predelisting equity market returns; Effects of characteristics and regulations governing corporate takeovers and bankruptcy on the...
- A ho-hum year. Levine, Dan // Central New Jersey Business;1/11/95, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p22
Presents an overview of business developments and the stock market in the United States for 1994. Dow Jones Industrial average; Initial public stock offerings; Mergers and acquisitions; Banking industry in central New Jersey; Stock prices.
- Pharmaceutical merger effects play out on Wall Street, across industry. Frabotta, David // Managed Healthcare Executive;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p14
Discusses the impact of pharmaceutical mergers on the performance of pharmaceutical companies in the stock market in the U.S. Decline in Pfizer's share price; Increase in Pharmacia's share price; Possibility of consolidation among European pharmaceutical companies.