Risky Deals: Death Spirals By Any Other Name
- Making It to The Big Leagues. Springsteel, Ian // Treasury & Risk Management;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p51
Examines the importance of convertible-bond market for record issuance in the U.S. Benefits of common equity with agencies; Ability to do convertible transactions; Emphasis of the mandatory convertibles of the companies.
- Equity related issues-excluding closed-end funds includes common stock and convertibles (debt and... // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/07/97, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p32
Presents a chart reflecting equity related issues excluding closed-end funds and including common stocks and convertible bonds in the United States as of July 7, 1997. Includes Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc.; Goldman Sachs and Co.; JP Morgan.
- Hi-tech issuers and new structures spark convert boom. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/13/99, Vol. 65 Issue 49, p11
Reports on the surge of capital markets sparked by high technology companies' issuance of convertible bonds in the United States for the year 1999. Amount of issued convertible bonds in US dollars; Positive trends in capital markets; Internet and telecommunications company that have issued...
- Stay Safe With the Top Down. Newberry, Jon // ABA Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p62
Discusses the benefits of stockholders from convertible bonds. Function of covertible bonds; Premium price of convertible bonds; Suggestions for buying convertible bonds.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TECHNOLOGY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p50
Presents several charts depicting the stocks of various high technology firms in the U.S.
- MORE VALUABLE THAN CASH. Ong-Siong, Jeff; Cleland, Steve // Siliconindia;Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p90
Focuses on the importance of equities for high technology companies. High technology firms' utilization of equities to buy services; Need of industry players to utilize such business currency with discretion; Guidelines for startup high technology companies when planning to finance growth with...
- SI TECH 20. // Siliconindia;Aug2001, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p90
Reports on the stock performance of the top publicly-traded technology companies in India and the United States. Percentage change in stock prices; Price-earnings ratio; 52-week highs and lows in terms of stock prices.
- Tech Stocks Have Surged During Recent Marekt Upswing. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the performance of Orange County, California technology stocks. Stock index gains of technology companies; Overview on the recovery of the Orange County technology companies; Performance of the semiconductor industry.
- It's always possible to find another sucker. // Crain's New York Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p56
Focuses on the decline in the stock market value of New York City's Silicon Alley companies. Danger of giving high valuations to new media companies losing millions of dollars a year; Case of NetLive Communications Inc.