Private Equity: The Debate Over Lexington's Fund
- Citi to Sell $900M of Its PE Investments. // American Banker;7/8/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 104, p16
The article reports that the financial firm Citigroup Incorporated is nearing a deal to sell a portfolio worth almost one billion dollars of private-equity investments to Lexington Partners Incorporated.
- *UPDATED* Water Authority Pension Waves New Contracts. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;5/ 1/2013, p3
The article reports that the Massachusetts Water Resource Authority Retirement System's (MWRA) board of trustees awarded private equity contracts to Lexington Partners and Invesco as of May 1, 2013. The board voted to allocate 4 million dollars to the Lexington Partners' Lexington Middle Market...
- Citi to Sell Majority of Stake in Private Equity Fund to Lexington. Peters, Andy // American Banker;8/ 4/2014, Vol. 179 Issue 119, p23
The article reports that investment management fund Lexington Partners will acquire an 80% interest in private-equity fund Metalmark Capital Partners II from financial firm Citigroup.
- PE Makes Secondary Market a Primary Focus. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2015, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the move of private equity (PE) firms Lexington Partners and Landmark Partners, selling their funds to acquire PE and alternative assets in the secondary market.
- Odd bedfellows in tough times. Sergeant, Barry // Finance Week;2/3/2003, p23
Reports on the trading performance of private equity in the stock markets in South Africa. Investment alternatives for public equity fund managers; Introduction of a specialized small capitalization market; Form of financing business growth.
- FCERA Narrows Playing Field. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;5/8/2009, p4
The article reports on the reduction in the list of firms being considered by the Fresno County Employees' Retirement Association (FCERA) in California in its secondary private equity and distressed private equity searches. FCERA Administrator Robert Pena stated that the board has decided to...
- New York State Teachers Chalk Up PE Commitments. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/4/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p13
The article reports on the move by the New York State Teachers' Retirement System (NYSTRS) in late October 2013 to invest 400 million dollars into new private equity partnerships. It claims that the NYSTRS signed contracts with The Carlyle Group, Thoma Bravo, The Jordan Co. and Lexington...
- Halbes Vorkrisen-Niveau erreicht. // Die Bank;mai2012, Issue 5, p7
The article discusses the growth of private equities and makes predictions about the cash flow of private equities.
- PE Exits shoot up by 50% in First Nine Months of FY'09. // EmergingMarketsNOW;10/27/2009, p1
The article reports that the Indian private equity (PE) industry has been witnessing increasing number of exits of PE firms from companies. Between January and September 2009, PE firms made exits worth 953 million U.S. dollars across 60 deals as compared to 1.24 billion U.S. dollars in 40 deals...