Restriction to end?
- REFUGEES FROM COMMUNISM. Baker, Joe // Advocate;11/17/76, Issue 203, p7
Reports on gays who fled their own country Cuba to settle down in Miami, Florida. Factors which led Tony Ismail, a gay man, to flee Cuba and migrate to the U.S.; Contribution of gay Cubans to economic growth of Miami; Statistics on gay Cubans in Miami; Efforts of the Cuban government to keep...
- Newsline: Canada May Reform. // Advocate;1/26/77, Issue 208, p6
Focuses on reforms in immigration laws for gays and lesbians in Canada.
- Cranston, Kennedy Speak Out: Pressure Mounts for INS To Change Antigay Law. // Advocate;3/6/80, Issue 287, p7
Reports on calls for the U.S. Internal Revenue Service in 1980 to change its rules concerning entry of foreign gays into the country. Pressures from gay rights advocacy groups; Legislation proposed to end the ban on entry of foreign homosexuals.
- first word. Powell, Vicky // Gay Times (09506101);Sep2005, Issue 324, p9
Features the migration of different races to London, England in 2005. Impact of bombings and attempted bombings in the city; Reasons for the migration; Social conditions of gay people in the city.
- Judge Expands Immigration Ruling. // Advocate;7/22/82, Issue 347, p9
Reports on a San Francisco, California judge's expansion of an earlier ruling that struck down the Immigration and Naturalization Service's policy of excluding gays from the U.S.
- Congress Will Be Briefed On Gay Problems with Immigration. // Advocate;7/22/82, Issue 347, p9
Reports on legislator Julian Dixon's decision to sponsor a special briefing for the U.S. Congress focusing on the exclusion of foreign lesbians and gay men from the U.S. under immigration laws and policies.
- Gay Britisher Barred From U.S. Then Let In. // Advocate;7/26/79, Issue 272, p7
Reports that a gay British news photographer was arrested by immigration officials at San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, California on June 13, 1979 but was later released and allowed to stay as planned. Details of the incident; Revelation that the U.S. Immigration Service has...
- ADVISER. Califia, Pat // Advocate;11/21/89, Issue 538, Special Section p48
Presents advice on homosexuality and gay relationships. Sexual attraction to a male friend; Immigration problems of an American gay man who has a German lover; Alcoholism of a gay lover.
- Andras reaffirms support for immigration law change. // Body Politic;Nov/Dec74, Issue 16, p6
Reports on the reaffirmation of the support of Canadian Manpower & Immigration Minister Robert Andras for changes in the Immigration Act in a letter to Gays Ottawa dated October 25, 1974. Comment from Gay Ottawa spokesperson on the content of the letter.