Minnesota's Carlson announces plan to issue bonds for boarding schools
- Carlson applauds new waivers. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;5/8/95, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p2
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne H. Carlson hailed the approval of two Medicaid waivers. Advantage of the waivers for health reform plans in the state; Consolidation of programs under MinnesotaCare waiver; Benefit from long-term care options project waiver; Support from hospital officials.
- ...while Minnesota needs a new approach. // Fedgazette;Dec90, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p11
Reports on an article in `Post-Bulletin' which recommends an approach to government financing in Minnesota that would have a greater effect than a task force favored by Governor Arne Carlson.
- Carlson pushes tests in his reform package. Keller, Bess // Education Week;1/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p13
Reports on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's appeal to the state to embrace school reform and focus on children having difficulty in schools.
- Subpoena safety in Minnesota. // Editor & Publisher;06/20/98, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p104
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson has allowed a clarification of mediashield law to take effect without his signature. Bill's protection of unpublished notes, photographs, and unaired videotapes from subpoena; Exemptions and extra-ordinary conditions features of the bill.
- Everyone is covered in Minn., but who gets bill still at issue. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;5/16/94, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p12
Discusses the MinnesotaCare, signed by Governor Arne Carlson which pledges universal coverage of residents under the states' landmark reform program. Revenue generated from the MinnesotaCare; Provisions under the amended bill. INSET: Provisions of MinnesotaCare..
- Anti-bST bill vetoed by Minnesota governor. Keating-Edh, B. // Consumer Comments;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's veto of a bill that would have banned the use of bovine somatotropin (bST) for another year. Use to increase milk production; National Institutes of Health Technology Assessment Conference and others say safe for human consumption; Consumer Alert...
- Minnesota passes bill of contractor (pay) rights. // CEE News;Sep97, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p1
Reports about the signing of the Contractor's Bill of Rights by Governor Arne H. Carlson of Minnesota which capped two years of lobbying work from state and national trade associations. Effects of the legislation to Minnesota and subcontractors; Provisions contained in the Contractor's Bill of...
- State journal. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;09/24/97, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the highlights of Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's interstate visits to promote the state's school choice initiatives. US House Majority Leader Dick Armey's reaction to the state's initiatives in Carlson's presentation in Washington, D.C.; Carlson's successful presentation of...
- Governor says the clock is ticking, Minnesota must decide on new stadium. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30244, p30
Discloses that Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson is calling on lawmakers to decide whether the state should build a new baseball stadium for the Minnesota Twins. Carlson's support of state bond-financed stadium backed by cigarette taxes; Proposals by other legislators; Stadium issue as a...