Nebraska board could face opposition to state college relocation proposal
- Tuition cap may be lifted for some suny schools. // Community College Week;11/03/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p12
States that trustees of State University, New York, must approve a recommendation by the system's finance committee, in order for the college to raise their annual tuition fee. Information on the finances of the tuition fee; Background information on the refusal of the trustees to a approve a...
- Cal State's High Hopes. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;9/22/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32472, p1
The reports that California State University system's massive leaders have been hoping that the voters of the state give them some help in November 2006. According to some officials, a lot is riding on Proposition 1D, one of the four infrastructure bond measures on the November ballot. Assistant...
- Rescinding Out-of-State Deal. // Perspective (08889732);Sep2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p7
The article discusses offering state university courses through an out-of-state profit-making company violated state policy. That was the judgment of the review at Eastern Oklahoma State College. Regents there found that the campus president had entered into an arrangement that offered...
- La. Lawmakers Claim Jindal Trying To Oust College Leader. DESLATTE, MELINDA // Community College Week;4/15/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p22
The article reports that according to six Republican Louisiana state lawmakers, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal is trying to pressure the Board of Regents to fire Louisiana Commissioner of Higher Education Jim Purcell. The author explains that Commissioner Purcell has been at odds with Governor...
- Tenure records to be open. // Academe;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the ruling by the Ohio Supreme Court on the opening to the public of state-run universities' tenure and promotion records. Remarks by Richard Klich, American Association of University Professors president at Kent State University; Number of part-time faculty members at Kent State...
- Web Poll: PUBLIC RECORDS. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/18/2009, Issue 324077, p30
The article presents statistics on the public opinion of Americans on the implementation of Senate Bill 218, requiring state college foundations to make record of donors and their gifts public.
- State sets example with design of 'green' buildings. Philippidis, Alex // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/14/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 41, p5
Reports that the Department of Public Works is designing a green building for two state colleges in Connecticut. Provision of an energy efficient building in the state; Cost of the buildings; Incentives given to the developers in constructing the building.
- Economics or Education. Key, Scott // Journal of Higher Education;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p196
Examines the origins of land-grant universities in the United States. Establishment of land-grant universities; Initial policies for the universities; Federal land policies; Justin Morrill's proposed establishment of agricultural and mechanical schools using land grants; Mission of land-grant...
- State college struggles with start-up funding. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;8/13/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p1
Reports the financial crisis concerning the construction project of the Nevada State College at Henderson. Controversy involving the Board of Regents for the state college bill; Issue regarding the accumulation of start-up money from the estate tax fund; Lack of private financial backing.