- Virginia Gov. Warner Says Expected Surplus Has Grown to $1.2B. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32062, p4
The article informs that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner has told legislative leaders that the commonwealth is expected to generate a nearly $1.2 billion surplus in the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium, up from the $918 million surplus forecast in December 2004. Warner, a Democrat, urged members of...
- Virginia Governor Vows to Cut Bureaucracy, Protect School Funds. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p6
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner promised in his annual state address to try to enact money-saving reforms that cut bureaucracy and to veto any budget-amendment bill lawmakers may approve that cuts school funding or state retirement funds. Governor's proposals for the improvement...
- Virginia Airport Program Takes Hit as Governor Makes Cuts. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p32
Reports on the amount deducted from the capital grant program in Virginia. Proceeds of the capital grant program; Efforts of Governor Mark R. Warner to balance the 2003 budget; Details on the spending cuts.
- Virginia Panels OK Different Bills Calling for Taxes to Close Gap. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p3
Reports on differing bills approved by Virginia lawmakers that would increase tax revenue to close a shortfall in the state's budget and authorize the issuance of debt. Senate and House versions for boosting revenues over that biennium; Bond proposals that overlap with separate bond-authorizing...
- Virginia Governor's Budget Plan Includes Nearly $740M in Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p28
Presents the proposed budget of Virginia governor Mark R. Warner for the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium. Inclusion of bond-issuance proposals; Combination of proposed tax increases and reductions; Amount of the budget.
- Virginia Governor's Goal: Hold the Line at Triple-A. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31531, p28
Focuses on amendments proposed by governor of Virginia Mark R. Warner to biennial budget of the state, including measures to protect the state's gilt-edged general obligation bond rating. Details of the budget amendment package; Probable effects of the proposal on financial position of the...
- Virginia Lawmakers Approve Warner's Budget Proposal on Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p28
Reports that the lawmakers in Virginia have approved Governor Mark R. Warner's proposed amendments to fiscal 2005-2006 budget. Authorization to close tax-exempt debt for construction at universities; Votes on the proposal; Issue of a short-term debt by universities.
- Scant New Spending Seen in Virginia's FY 2006 Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32031, p30
The article gives information about proposed amendments to Virginia's $60 billion fiscal 2005-06 biennial budget that Governor Mark R. Warner is scheduled to unveil soon. The amendments are unlikely to include much new spending or debt issuance, his chief spokeswoman suggested earlier this week....
- Virginia Panel Says No to Governor's $1 Billion Tax Hike Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p3
Reports on the Virginia House Finance Committee's rejection of Governor Mark R. Warner's proposal to raise tax rates over two years. Warner's attempt to help close the state's budget gap and protect its triple-A general obligation bond rating; Proposed alternative to Warner's proposal.