- Virginia Gov. Warner Says Expected Surplus Has Grown to $1.2B. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32062, p4
The article informs that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner has told legislative leaders that the commonwealth is expected to generate a nearly $1.2 billion surplus in the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium, up from the $918 million surplus forecast in December 2004. Warner, a Democrat, urged members of...
- Virginia Governor Vows to Cut Bureaucracy, Protect School Funds. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p6
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner promised in his annual state address to try to enact money-saving reforms that cut bureaucracy and to veto any budget-amendment bill lawmakers may approve that cuts school funding or state retirement funds. Governor's proposals for the improvement...
- Virginia Airport Program Takes Hit as Governor Makes Cuts. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p32
Reports on the amount deducted from the capital grant program in Virginia. Proceeds of the capital grant program; Efforts of Governor Mark R. Warner to balance the 2003 budget; Details on the spending cuts.
- Virginia Panels OK Different Bills Calling for Taxes to Close Gap. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p3
Reports on differing bills approved by Virginia lawmakers that would increase tax revenue to close a shortfall in the state's budget and authorize the issuance of debt. Senate and House versions for boosting revenues over that biennium; Bond proposals that overlap with separate bond-authorizing...
- Virginia Governor's Budget Plan Includes Nearly $740M in Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p28
Presents the proposed budget of Virginia governor Mark R. Warner for the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium. Inclusion of bond-issuance proposals; Combination of proposed tax increases and reductions; Amount of the budget.
- Virginia Governor's Goal: Hold the Line at Triple-A. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31531, p28
Focuses on amendments proposed by governor of Virginia Mark R. Warner to biennial budget of the state, including measures to protect the state's gilt-edged general obligation bond rating. Details of the budget amendment package; Probable effects of the proposal on financial position of the...
- Virginia Lawmakers Approve Warner's Budget Proposal on Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p28
Reports that the lawmakers in Virginia have approved Governor Mark R. Warner's proposed amendments to fiscal 2005-2006 budget. Authorization to close tax-exempt debt for construction at universities; Votes on the proposal; Issue of a short-term debt by universities.
- Va. Budget Wrangle Goes on as Warner OKs $261M in Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p4
Reports that members of Virginia's Senate and House of Delegates are trying to hammer out a compromise between their competing fiscal 2005-2006 biennial budget blueprints. Governor Mark R. Warner's signing of two bills that authorize a total of 261 million dollars in debt issuance; Total of...
- Virginia Lawmakers Stepping Up Tax, Budget Negotiations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p4
Reports that the financial committees of the Virginia General Assembly have started negotiations to reach a compromise on tax revision and budgetary matters. Amount of bond package favored by Governor Mark R. Warner; Plan to increase upper-bracket income taxes and sales taxes; Proposed...