- Chicago's Holy Cross Hospital Gets Downgrade, Warning. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p1
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s downgrade of Chicago, Illinois-based Holy Cross Hospital's credit rating. Reason for the downgrade; Causes of the hospital's financial troubles; Decline in the hospital's liquidity position.
- Mercy Hospital in Miami Downgraded Due to Malpractice Costs, Rough Year. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p5
Reports the credit rating downgrade of Mercy Hospital by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Miami, Florida. Credit problems of the hospital due to medical malpractice awards and premiums; Outstanding debt of the hospital; Insurance on the debt of the company by Ambac Assurance Corp.
- Children's Hospital Bonds Upgraded. // Bond Buyer;03/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31097, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the credit rating of the Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
- Who's Who in Credit Rating Agencies. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 25, pN.PAG
Presents information about credit rating agencies in the U.S. Number of offices and affiliates of Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- Funded pension plans gaining foothold in Germany. Seeder, Benjamin // Pensions & Investments;4/28/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p3
This article reports that many German companies are setting up advance-funded pension plans, prompted by U.S. credit-rating agencies that downgraded debt of publicly held companies without such schemes. The change follows a decision in March 2003 by the two major U.S. credit ratings agencies,...
- Rite Aid's Miller disputes Moody's downgrade. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;03/04/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the ratings agency, Moody's Investor Service downgraded Rite Aid's credit and debt ratings in February 2002. Reaction of Rite Aid chairman and chief executive officer Bob Miller on the rating his company received; Reason cited to maintain Merrill Lynch's neutral rating on Rite Aid...
- ...but even mightiest systems have fallen. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;03/08/99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p64
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has lowered its credit rating on debts held by top-rated hospital systems in the United States in 1998. Reason behind the revisions.
- Rural hospitals stable. Hawkins, James A. // Physician Executive;Dec1996, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p3
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s assessments on rural hospital's credit ratings in the United States. Stability of credit ratings among hospitals; Characteristics of positive credit factors; Difficulties on managing rural facilities.
- Calling the shots. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;03/17/97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p18
Reports that Moody's Investor Service downgraded the credit rating of Bakersfield Memorial Hospital, located in Bakersfield, California. Reasons for the downgrade; Comments from Bakersfield Memorial's president, C. Larry Carr; Contribution of the rift between Bakersfield Family Medical Center...