- MS, PA pass medical liability bills; WV bill in works. Brown, Steve; Margolis, Kyle // AHA News;10/14/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p2
Focuses on the proposed legislative bill in the U.S. concerning the cap imposed on damage awards which resulted from medical professional liability lawsuit. Provisions of the U.S. professional liability reform bill; Effect of the bill on the rate of medical liability insurance; Discussion of...
- RULES & REGS. // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar2003, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p11
Presents news items on developments in the U.S. medical care laws as of March 2003. Bills for spending; Patient safety legislation; Medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Quality-of-Care Issues Can Create False Claims Act Exposure. Slade, Shelley R. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2002, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p78
Examines the risk by healthcare organization of prosecution under the False Claims Act (FCA) in the United States. Implications for healthcare providers; FCA rulings; Requirements of Medicare's managed care organization access. INSET: ISSUES AND ACTIONS.
- New malpractice risks seen in Clinton health proposal. Cox, Brian // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;2/14/94, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the exposure of President Bill Clinton's health care reform plan to medical malpractice risks. Limits of medical malpractice insurance coverage; Risks from the creation of health care delivery systems.
- Putting the Cart Before the Horse: The Need to Re-Examine Damage Caps in California's Elder Abuse Act. Ramey, Martin // San Diego Law Review;Spring2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p599
Analyzes the damage caps imposed on plaintiffs who bring medical malpractice claims against health care providers in California. Examination of developments in the amendment of the Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act (EADACPA) allowing for enhanced remedies; Provisions of the...
- Real-World Cases Highlight Dangers of Privacy Violations. // Eli's Hospice Insider;Jul2010, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p52
The article focuses on cautionary scenes that provide hints to avoid Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) violations. It states that the violations of several hospital nurses of Tri-City Medical Center for posting patient care information on Facebook suggest that...
- Sharp shootin'. Guglielmo, Wayne J. // Medical Economics;12/22/97, Vol. 74 Issue 25, p88
Focuses on the Managed Care Responsibiity Act, a law passed in Texas in 1997, which gives patients the right to sue their health plans for medical malpractice. When the law took effect; Views of critics of the legislation; Controversy surrounding the law; Insight into other medical laws passed...
- RULES & REGS. // Materials Management in Health Care;Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p10
Reports updates related to medical care legislation in the U.S. as of September 2003. Difficulty of reconciling the Medicare reform legislative bill passed by both Houses of Congress; Introduction of an alternative to the medical malpractice reform legislation; Increase of payments for...
- Health Care Reform: Should curbing medical malpractice litigation be part of the solution? Domenici, Pete V.; Falsgraf, William W. // ABA Journal;Aug92, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p42
Presents arguments for and against the inclusion of medical malpractice issues in health care reform in the U.S. in 1992. Proposed cap on non-economic damages, ban on the collateral source rule, mandatory structured settlements and increased use of alternative dispute resolution; Increase in...