Morgan Keenan Names Edwards to Replace Founder as CEO
- Morgan Keegan Founder Passes the Torch . // American Banker;7/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 140, p18
Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc., the Memphis brokerage division of Regions Financial Corp., said Tuesday that it had named its president to succeed founder Allen Morgan Jr. as chief executive. G. Douglas Edwards will retain the presidency, which he has held since 2001. Mr. Morgan will remain Morgan...
- G. DOUGLAS EDWARDS President and Chief Executive Officer Morgan Keegan & Co. Edwards, G. Douglas; Olsen, Pat // On Wall Street;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p104
Profiles G. Douglas Edwards, president and CEO of Morgan Keegan & Co. Career background; Challenges faced in starting out; Key elements for the success of a business enterprise.
- Morgan Keegan's Status With Regions Questioned. Davis, Paul // American Banker;2/28/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 40, p18
The article reports on Regions Financial Corp.'s willingness to sell Morgan Keegan & Co. if Regions continues to be investigated by the Securities & Exchange Commission for its management of funds. Regions was hit hard by the subprime mortgage crisis. Analysts say that Region's financial...
- Bank-Qualified Bond Expansion Hits the Sweet Spot. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33363, p8A
The article reports on the five-percent increase in the issuance of bank-qualified bonds in Dallas, Texas in the first half of 2010. According to figures released by Thomson Reuters, the bond market has sold a total of 3,211 bond issues amounting to 17.57 billion dollars. Moreover, it notes that...
- Regions Names CEO for Ark. Agency Unit. // American Banker;1/3/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p6
Reports that Regions Financial Corp. in Birmingham, Alabama has named Fred B. Stone to take office as chairman and chief executive officer of its Rebsaman Insurance agency in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Regions' Insurance Chief Plans to Be a Dealmaker. Gottlieb, Jenna // American Banker;12/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 242, p6
Reports that Regions Insurance Group would like to branch out into all 50 states within three years. David L. Bowlin, who is president and chief executive officer; Goal of consolidating the diverse insurance operations; Cross-selling opportunities; Background information about the group.
- No. 15: Barb Godin, Regions Financial. // American Banker;9/23/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 148, p0
The article features Barb Godin, chief credit officer of banking comapany Regions Financial. Topics discussed include her career in banking industry in Canada, relocation of her family to Ohio in 1980, and her belief to the leadership of women in banking industry.She also mentions the...
- Zambian derivatives market is operational. // African Business News;4/16/2014, p23
The article reports on the initiation of live trading on Zambia's new derivatives market and the appointment of Allan Thomson as chief executive officer (CEO) of new Bond and Derivatives exchange of Zambia.
- Key, Regions Upbeat About Business Lending. Boraks, David; Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // American Banker;1/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p19
When they presented their fourth-quarter results on Friday, both KeyCorp and Regions Financial Corp. were relatively optimistic about the outlook for corporate banking this year. Henry L. Meyer 3d, KeyCorp's chairman and chief executive officer, told analysts on a conference call Friday morning...