House Panel Approves Mutual Fund Disclosure Bill
- Proponents Fight Back to Defend Soft Dollars, Directed Brokerage. Frankie, Chris // Money Management Executive;3/15/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the issue of soft dollars and directed brokerage practices. Reaction of the regulators and lawmakers; Call for increased disclosure and transparency; Impact of the Mutual Fund Reform Act of 2004; Need for major changes in soft-dollar regulations.
- E&Y: REIT Legislation Growing Outside U.S. // National Mortgage News;3/22/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p15
Reports on the increase in U.S. market-patterned real estate investment trust (REIT) legislation in other countries.
- THE UNWARY INVESTOR . . . Hazards and Holes in 401 (k)s. Zinkewics, Phil // Insurance Advocate;9/29/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 36, p2
Focuses on Mutual Fund Integrity and Fee Transparency Act in Louisiana. Emphasis on the mutual fund industry; Purpose of the bill; Consideration of 401(k) plans.
- Bill Would Make Funds Disclose Tax Consequences. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;4/15/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 71, p10
Cites a United States House of Congress bill that calls for the US Securities and Exchange Commission to require mutual funds to disclose after-tax performance in prospectuses. Need for investors to be made aware of hidden taxes or undisclosed taxes on investments; Percentage of equity fund...
- Interactive Data for Mutual Fund Risk/Return Summary. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q2, following p2
The article discusses a proposal by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to require mutual funds to provide their risk/return summary information in interactive data format as an exhibit to their post-effective amendment filings on Form N-1A. The proposed amendments would not affect...
- House Introduces Own Bill Along Lines of Reform Act. // Money Management Executive;6/28/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p2
This article focuses on a companion bill to the Mutual Fund Reform Act that was introduced in the U.S. Senate, which aims to ban 125-1 fees and improve disclosure on mutual fund fees so that consumers can more easily compare what they pay for competing funds. It was introduced by senator Paul...
- Lawmakers Back Trust Fund for Public Broadcasting. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/30/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the efforts of a bipartisan group of legislators to create a Digital Opportunities Investment Trust that would be used to help broadcasting stations to launch distance learning and services through digital broadcasting in the U.S. Expected percentage of revenue that will be generated...
- House Oks bill allowing Sudan, Iran divestment. // Pensions & Investments;8/6/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p17
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives has approved on July 31, 2007 separate bills that would clear the way for pension and mutual funds to divest holdings in some companies. These companies are doing business in Sudan and Iran without facing legal challenges. The bills...
- Sen. Rosa moves to stimulate investment, reform REIT. ROMERO-DONNELLY, MELINDA K. // Caribbean Business;2/28/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p23
The article reports on the two legislative bills proposed by Democratic Party Senator Ãngel Rosa in Puerto Rico, which aim to promote job creation by stimulating the economy. It says that the Senate Bill (SB) 232 will establish the "Law of Investment Companies in Puerto Rico of 2013," which...